Date Posted: 2021-10-08
Job ID: EB-6523677135
Category: Analytics & Data Sciences
Location: Houston, Boston, or Pittsburgh,
Senior Integration Engineer
Direct-Hire Full-Time (No C2C or C2H)
Boston, Houston, or Pittsburgh Preferred
60 to 70% Remote Option
As a Senior Integration Engineer, you join a team responsible for the critical role of automating the ingestion, transformation, & integration of data between apps & downstream analytics. You’ll design, develop, test, & deploy streaming & batch integration solutions across a variety of data domains & platforms. This includes utilizing programming languages, application integration software, messaging technologies, REST APIs & ETL tools. You’ll ensure high-throughput, low-latency, & fault-tolerant data integration solutions are developed applying best practices to the data mapping, code development, error handling & automation. As a Senior Integration Engineer, you’ll use your tech skills, analytical insights, & business perspective to ensure the most accurate & complete data integration solutions are deployed across the data sources. You must also demonstrate a willingness to work with & mentor associates of varying levels of technical expertise within the organization.
You’ll work on a software engineering team with other SDEs, BIEs, QA Analysts, & Product Managers focused on developing software solutions for the business. You’ll serve as the primary integration engineer & data engineer on this team. You’ll also provide support on existing data integration & data engineering solutions that have been developed for our applications. You’ll work with the Architecture team, as needed, to complete proof of concept projects for the introduction of changes to architecture.
• Acts as the technical lead for data engineering & data integration initiatives
• Leverages Informatica IICS Application Integration with a messaging middleware layer to enable data streaming for application integration
• Leverages Informatica IICS Data Integration to design, develop, & implement ETL code to enable batch data migration & integration.
• Designs, develops, & maintains optimal streaming & batch data integration solutions: Develops & automates ETL & application integration solutions using programming languages, ETL tools, messaging middleware & job scheduling software.
• Identify, design, & implement internal process improvements: mitigating risk, automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability & access to information
• Meets project deadlines by providing accurate estimates of effort required for development deliverables
• Communicates updates on project progress to development & project management; Escalates issues which may affect project success
• Performs work independently. Self-motivated individual who can handle ambiguous/undefined problems & think abstractly to deliver results.
• Demonstrate a strong sense of ownership, urgency, & drive as well as the ability to work well with diverse teams.
• Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges & solutions to business users & other technical teams
• Strong analytical & problem-solving skills; ability to weigh various suggested technical solutions against the original business needs & choose the most cost-effective solution
• Strong customer service orientation
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Science, or related discipline
• Advanced degree in Computer Science, Information Science or related discipline is preferred but not required
• Data integration & data engineering certifications are preferred
• 5+ years of experience designing & developing streaming & batch data integration solutions leveraging Informatica or IICS
• 5+ years of full-stack coding experience with Python, Java, or similar programming languages
• 2+ years of data integration experience utilizing a Service Bus or Event Hub architecture
• Strong integration skills including REST APIs, message queuing, streaming (Kinesis, Kafka)
• Excellent SQL coding & performance tuning skills
• Experience with JSON/XML & PowerShell scripting
• Experience with Agile development & collaboration tools such as Azure DevOps or JIRA
• Experience using source code control management software & automated deployment software
• Data integration experience utilizing the Microsoft Azure cloud computing stack is preferred
• Data integration experience utilizing Snowflake Data Warehouses is preferred
• ETL experience with Oracle Data Integrator (ODI) &/or Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) is preferred
BrainWorks, founded in 1991, is a leading executive search firm that prides itself on delivering superior talent to drive business performance. Our consultants are experts in their practice areas, which include CRM, Direct / Database Marketing and Customer Sciences / Advanced Analytics.
The Relationship Marketing and Decision Sciences Practice Group places top performing candidates, from mid-level managers to C-level executives, with companies spanning from entrepreneurial start-ups to Fortune 500’s. Some of the business areas in which these candidates specialize include the following: Statistical Modeling, Advanced Analytics, Web Analytics, Digital Analytics, Customer Analytics, and Campaign Management.
When you partner with BrainWorks you will receive industry expertise coupled with quality, speed and results guaranteeing a great hire. We look forward to having the opportunity to work with you https://brainworksinc.com.
To apply for this job please visit brainworksinc.com.