Date Posted: 2021-05-19
Job ID: EB-3767431448
Category: Analytics & Data Sciences
Location: Remote, USA
Senior Manager Data Science
$140,000 base salary
We’re looking for a passionate, data-driven, Senior Manager of Data Science who’ll measure the performance of marketing campaigns, design tests & experiments including KPIs, extract insights & knowledge, & offer recommendations to the Marketing team to improve & optimize the effectiveness & efficiency of marketing efforts & initiatives. In this role, the Senior Manager will pull, assemble & analyze data from a variety of sources & present the findings to multiple audiences based on numerical evidence. As our Analytics grows, this role will be responsible for developing a test-&-learn program to understand the user journey & identify growth opportunities along the journey
Extensive experience applying statistical methodology to design experiments (A/B testing), analyze the results of multi-channel marketing campaigns & measure channel performance, & then present findings & recommendations to a broad audience.
Someone passionate, intellectually curious & loves data, marketing, & storytelling.
You’re the right person for this role if you:
• Love to test & learn constantly, examining data & can spot a flaw in test design from miles away, & then improving or proposing the next set of hypotheses for experiments.
• Communicate well & know how to influence others across the organization to drive the outcomes you need.
• Self-starter with a strong work ethic; willing to work hard & sometimes long hours to get the job done.
• Excel in an unstructured environment & can turn an ill-defined idea into a structured project you can execute on.
• Learn fast & can pivot quickly. You will run tests, talk to users, analyze feedback, & integrate learnings into future strategies.
• Successfully juggle multiple initiatives & prioritize work effectively while meeting deadlines.
• Are excited to be part of a growing team, take initiative, & drive results.
• Are pragmatic & can balance short & long-term efforts as well as deciding when to ‘test & invest’ vs. going ‘all in.’
• Are legally authorized to work in the United States. Visa sponsorship will not be offered.
• Develop a strong understanding of the business, key marketing levers & performance drivers.
• Propose experiments & recommend KPIs & metrics to address information needs of internal clients.
• Partner with key stakeholders & business partners (technical & non-technical) in problem definition, hypothesis & test design, ensuring tests can be measured with confidence to enable sound decision making.
• Measure & analyze the performance of marketing campaigns & programs:
o Independently seek data & execute analyses.
o Partner with Marketers to communicate results clearly & succinctly to key stakeholders across the business & at all levels of the organization.
o Identify business needs & design measurement plans including KPIs & supporting metrics
o Collaborate with Data Engineering & Digital Tools Team for data sourcing, instrumentation & collection as needed
o Query databases using SQL to extract, integrate, assemble & prepare data frames & data hygiene for analyses
o Analyze data using descriptive & inferential statistics, data mining methods, predictive modeling, machine learning techniques interpret results, extract insights, provide evidence & recommend actions to decision makers
o Use analytics tools & languages such as R &/or Python as needed
o Visualize results (e.g., using Tableau), prepare presentations & present findings to audiences
• Expected to keep abreast of the latest developments in marketing analytics tools & methodologies
• Attend all stand-ups & weekly team meetings including project prioritization
• Collaborate & share project activities with other data scientists & analysts
• Participate in all Analytics team activities
• Minimum Master’s (Ph.D. preferred) in a quantitative field of study (e.g., Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Data Science/Analytics, Econometrics, Operations Research, Physics)
• Three-five years of experience analyzing marketing campaigns
• One to three years’ experience in analyzing digital marketing
• One to three years’ experience in analyzing traditional channels
• Strong communication skills, with ability to explain complex concepts simply & clearly to both technical & non-technical audiences
• Advanced knowledge of PostgreSQL
• Expert level knowledge of statistical software, specifically R &/or Python
• Some experience creating data visualizations using Tableau
• Experience working with Google Analytics, Heap or any web analytics platform using the front-end UI & backend APIs
• Advanced knowledge of statistics & application of statistical methods including descriptive & inferential statistics, data mining techniques & predictive models
• Practical experience in using Machine Learning methods such as Cluster Analysis & Classification, Regression Models in all forms, GLM, Robust Regression, Random Forests, Neural Networks, Bayes Nets, Time Series Analysis, Econometrics applied to revenue & demand forecasting & marketing mix modeling.
• Experience using Operations Research/Mathematical Optimization applied to marketing channel budget allocation & product mix optimization is a plus
BrainWorks, founded in 1991, is a leading executive search firm that prides itself on delivering superior talent to drive business performance. Our consultants are experts in their practice areas, which include CRM, Direct / Database Marketing and Customer Sciences / Advanced Analytics.
The Relationship Marketing and Decision Sciences Practice Group places top performing candidates, from mid-level managers to C-level executives, with companies spanning from entrepreneurial start-ups to Fortune 500’s. Some of the business areas in which these candidates specialize include the following: Statistical Modeling, Advanced Analytics, Web Analytics, Digital Analytics, Customer Analytics, and Campaign Management.
When you partner with BrainWorks you will receive industry expertise coupled with quality, speed and results guaranteeing a great hire. We look forward to having the opportunity to work with you https://brainworksinc.com.
To apply for this job please visit brainworksinc.com.