Job ID: EB-1003742682
Category: Consumer Products
Location: Bergen, NJ
Our client, an entrepreneurial and fast-growing consumer products manufacturer, is seeking a Sr. Mechanical Engineer to join its expanding team. If you are passionate about innovative state-of-the-art products that positively impact the consumer’s experience, you’ll want to hear more about this exciting opportunity to use your strong
engineering, design and problem-solving skills!
• All stages of Product Development, including research & development, design, manufacturing, and product support.
• Support and develop solutions for ongoing projects at various stages of development throughout the product lifecycle, including initial scoping, design concept generation, design validation, manufacturing validation and development of sourced products
• Evaluate factory designs, proposed solutions, and processes
• Review and support overseas factories’ tooling and injection molding processes
• Participate in product safety and review analyses; investigate and analyze any quality issues and determine solutions
• Design product testing and reliability plan, and manage R&D deliverables
Ideal Candidates will have:
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Industrial Design
• 5+ years of product development experience with the design, development, and manufacturing of electro-mechanical consumer products. Experience with small kitchen appliances is a plus
• Experience working with Industrial Design and knowledge of materials (plastics, metals) and finishes
• Experience working in an energetic startup environment
• Proficiency with 3D engineering design (e.g., Solidworks, AutoCAD, ProE/Creo), rapid prototyping (3D printing and machining) and injection molding
• Experience with Design for Manufacturing; interfacing directly with factories in China and Taiwan
To apply for this job please visit brainworksinc.com.