Date Posted: 2022-04-18
Job ID: EB-4379180097
Category: Analytics & Data Sciences
Location: New York, NY
Sr. Surveillance Engineer
Direct Hire, Full-time
New York, NY (hybrid)
140 to 175K + 24% Bonus
- Analyze requirements and propose technical solutions in delivering projects within expected parameters of cost, time, and quality
- Work with project managers to compile a work breakdown structure of tasks for a given deliverable and provide realistic estimates for completing the assignment
- Develop and unit test all functions created or modified according to software development best practices
- Collaborate with other Developers and QA Engineers to execute full cycle integration, functional and regression testing.
- Promote software changes across all environments, safely and responsibly, through to Live Production
- Participate in team exercises to identify and implement areas for continuous improvement
- Continuously improve the system performance and propose better solutions.
- Effectively interact with business and operations for solving design and operational challenges.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- 5+ years of development experience in Surveillance Applications.
- 5+ years of experience in handling Equities and Options Trading audit trail events data.
- 3+ years of experience in working in a team setup.
- Experience in Spark SQL and PARQUET
- Experience in using OneMarketData (OMD) is a huge plus
- Experience in application development in Java or Python.
- Experience in Distributed/Cloud computing and big data.
- Experience in Machine Learning is a huge plus.
- Experience in scripting languages like AWK/bash shell scripting is beneficial.
- Experience working in Agile teams comprised of 5-8 cross-skilled engineers.
- Solid understanding of version control tools (ideally Git).
- Experience in CI/CD tools is a plus.
- Understanding of Messaging Queues and RESTful web services.
- Experience in handling and supporting large scale Production systems.
- Understanding of system monitoring and failure recovery handling is a plus.
BrainWorks, founded in 1991, is a leading executive search firm that prides itself on delivering superior talent to drive business performance. Our consultants are experts in their practice areas, which include CRM, Direct / Database Marketing and Customer Sciences / Advanced Analytics.
The Relationship Marketing and Decision Sciences Practice Group places top performing candidates, from mid-level managers to C-level executives, with companies spanning from entrepreneurial start-ups to Fortune 500’s. Some of the business areas in which these candidates specialize include the following: Statistical Modeling, Advanced Analytics, Web Analytics, Digital Analytics, Customer Analytics, and Campaign Management.
When you partner with BrainWorks you will receive industry expertise coupled with quality, speed and results guaranteeing a great hire. We look forward to having the opportunity to work with you https://brainworksinc.com.
To apply for this job please visit brainworksinc.com.