Date Posted: 2022-04-06
Job ID: EB-1143161076
Category: Sales & Marketing
Location: El Segundo, CA
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
The Sr. Financial Analyst, Commercial Finance will be a part of the Commercial Finance team and reports directly to the Commercial Finance Manager. At Simply Good Foods, the Commercial Finance team manages gross to net sales on the Profit and Loss Statement and works cross-functionally with Sales, Marketing, and Operations to ensure the company is investing efficiently to drive growth. Specifically, the Sr. Financial Analyst, Commercial Finance will provide insights and analysis around gross sales and trade spend, ROI, and variance analysis. They will also support the quarterly budgeting process and partner with Sales to ensure optimal capital allocation.
- Execute pre- and post-event analysis, including ROI and lift, to drive increased customer-level profitability
- Support the monthly close process; Analyze actuals vs. budget by leveraging reporting tools (Anaplan, FlintFox, and PowerBI)
- Prepare presentation materials on the month-end reporting package for Sales and Finance leadership
- Execute the gross sales forecast during the quarterly budget process using Anaplan
- Manage broker commissions forecast; Analyze actual variance to budget
- Analyze and identify gaps in the trade budget at a customer / brand level
- Partner with Sales leaders to align on actuals vs. budget at an account level
- Support Sales by conducting ad-hoc trade spend analyses
- Partner with IT to identify and troubleshoot issues with trade reporting tools
- Participate / Lead special projects and assignments, as required
- Participate in all other miscellaneous SMPL and departmental tasks, as required
- Attend departmental/cross-functional meetings
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE:
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Excel
- ERP and/or reporting system knowledge (i.e., PowerBI, Anaplan, etc.)
- Voracious learner with high attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple projects with tight deadlines
- Thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced work environment
- Bachelor’s Degree, required
- Minimum 3 years professional experience in Finance and/or Accounting
- Experience with financial reporting and internal controls within Sales Finance, Commercial Finance, and/or Trade Promotions Management, preferred
- Minimum 2 years in a cross-functional Finance capacity partnering with internal and external teams (i.e. Sales, clients, Marketing, etc.); CPG experience, preferred
** Work is performed in a fast-paced office environment and may be stressful at times. Work may require sitting for long periods of time; requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, calculator, telephone, copier and fax machine and scanner.
ABOUT SIMPLY GOOD FOODS
Simply Good Foods USA, Inc. is an operating affiliate of The Simply Good Foods Company variety of convenient, innovative, great-tasting, better-for-you snacks and meal replacements. Our nutritious snacking platform consists of mission-driven brands, including Atkins® and Quest®, that enable consumers to meet their nutritional goals and fuel their healthy lifestyles.
Our approach to nutrition has the potential to change lives looking for great people to join our team who are committed to providing people a more nutritious way to eat. Simply Good Foods is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. We celebrate diversity and are dedicated to creating an inclusive environment for our employees.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
The health, satisfaction and security of our employees and their families are important to us and an important part fer a total rewards package that includes valuable and competitive compensation and benefit plans. These programs reflect our commitment to attracting and retaining top talent and keeping our staff healthy and secure. The compensation available for this role includes base salary, and an annual short-term bonus. All incentive plans are subject to management and Board of Directors discretion.
- The projected annual base salary range for this role is: $80,000 to $105,000
- The annual short-term incentive target for this role is: 10% of your annual base salary
We understand that each employee’s situation is unique, and so it is our intent to offer an overall benefits package that can be shaped and molded by each employee to fit his or her family’s needs. Our current benefits package, which is available to all full-time employees and their eligible dependents, includes medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, savings accounts, life and disability coverage, and other voluntary benefits. We also offer time off benefits including vacation time, flexible vacation for exempt positions, sick leave, and parental leave. Please note, however, that Simply Good Foods Company, in its sole discretion, may modify the above benefits package.
BrainWorks is a premier executive search firm that delivers superior talent to drive business performance. Our consultants are experts in their practice areas, which include Digital Marketing and eCommerce, Consumer Products Careers; CRM, Direct/Database Marketing and Customer Sciences/Advanced Analytics; Accounting and Finance; Information Technology; Private Equity and Portfolio Companies; and, Consumer Insights and Market Research.
The Digital Marketing and eCommerce Group focuses on placing mid to senior-level executives specializing in Digital and Online Marketing. Our executive recruiters have extensive knowledge of current trends and industry challenges. Some examples of our Digital Marketing and eCommerce Searches would include C-level Officers, VP’s, Directors and Senior Managers in the areas of Internet, eCommerce, Email and Digital Marketing, as well as Web Analytics, SEO/SEM, etc.
BrainWorks prides itself on quality, speed and GUARANTEED RESULTS. When you partner with BrainWorks, your company will receive intelligence and industry expertise from consultants who are trustworthy, caring and passionate about your business needs. https://brainworksinc.com.
To apply for this job please visit brainworksinc.com.