Job ID: EB-1365420506 Category: Analytics & Data Sciences Location: Boston, MA
Senior Business Intelligence Analyst
Full-time Direct hire Boston hybrid 2 days a week in office $100,000 to $110,000 base salary 1 to 3 years of experience No Sponsorship
Do you enjoy solving problems with data? Do you want to make an impact with your work at a mission driven, world class medical center? Do you want to know that your analytics work is viewed organizationally as a strategic differentiator? Our team is expanding and looking for problem solvers who want to drive administrative savings back to patient care and research. We are building a world class analytics environment, enabling measurability and transparency of key KPIs for improved decision making.
As we continue to expand, executive leadership recognizes the overall impact of analytics on our physicians, nurses, researchers, administrators, and most importantly, our patients. This recognition comes with a committed investment in the team to build the data and analytics infrastructure that will continue to fuel our growth.
As a Senior Business Intelligence Analyst on our team, you will help evolve and scale a wide range of analytics supporting a variety of clinical and operational stakeholders. You will be tasked with providing accessible, easy to understand and insightful data products that make regular reporting easy, root cause analysis rich and effective, and insight to action lightning speed. You will apply advanced analytics to empower decision makers to make more informed choices. You will be part of building an analytics Center of Excellence that drives data-driven insights and teaches others to apply analysis in ways that improve lives both today and in the future.
• Independently deliver on multiple common tasks during a Business Intelligence project on time and of high quality.
• Consult with internal stakeholders on their analytical needs. Deliver valuable insights from a broad range of healthcare data using a variety of tools and techniques (e.g. SQL, Excel, Tableau, R, SAS, Python etc.).
• Translate high-level strategic questions into concrete business requirements that guide the development of deliverables.
• Serve as a critical link between the data engineering and internal stakeholders to ensure data is accessible for reporting needs.
• Curate useful and specific data to influence strategic decision-making: write queries, run reports, synthesize data, interpret and explain results of analysis.
• Provide clean data sets to end users through data transformation.
o Define, instrument, and maintain new and existing KPIs.
• Build thoughtful data visualizations using Tableau to accelerate information-to-action at scale (for example, describing performance of KPI’s for leadership and helping operators on the front line take action towards. process/performance improvement); free up opportunity for root cause problem solving.
o Build, deliver, maintain and improve analytics solutions iteratively with stakeholder feedback; manage a backlog of technical issues that require resolution and communicate to internal stakeholders.
• Bachelor’s degree in statistics, information technology, mathematics, public health, or related domain. Master’s preferred.
• 3+ years of experience in Analytics or Business Intelligence performing quantitative analysis with at least one year in healthcare or life sciences.
• 1+ years of experience supporting initiatives or groups in healthcare of life sciences.
• A combination of education and/or equivalent work experience in Business Administration, Public Health Administration, or other related field may be substituted for requirements.
• Experience translating business needs into technical requirements to build and transform data into valuable, easy to understand insights.
• Proficient at writing complex SQL queries that blend together data from dozens of sources for analysis, visualization, or reporting.
• Hands on experience building data visualizations (preferably in Tableau) to communicate complex ideas and enable data-driven decision making at all levels of the organization.
• Demonstrated ability to learn technologies quickly through instruction and self-training.
• Working knowledge of Epic clinical and scheduling systems are a plus, but not required.
• Ability to function independently in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple priorities.
• Superior interpersonal and communication skills and a history of effectively working and communicating with all levels of internal and external technical and non-technical staff.
BrainWorks, founded in 1991, is a leading executive search firm that prides itself on delivering superior talent to drive business performance. Our consultants are experts in their practice areas, which include CRM, Direct / Database Marketing and Customer Sciences / Advanced Analytics.
The Relationship Marketing and Decision Sciences Practice Group places top performing candidates, from mid-level managers to C-level executives, with companies spanning from entrepreneurial start-ups to Fortune 500’s. Some of the business areas in which these candidates specialize include the following: Statistical Modeling, Advanced Analytics, Web Analytics, Digital Analytics, Customer Analytics, and Campaign Management.
When you partner with BrainWorks you will receive industry expertise coupled with quality, speed and results guaranteeing a great hire. We look forward to having the opportunity to work with you https://brainworksinc.com.