Date Posted: 2021-10-04
Job ID: EB-9268464479
Category: Analytics & Data Sciences
Location: Remote, NY, or TX
Sr. Data Engineer
Direct-Hire (No C2C or C2H)
100% Remote Option
140 to 150K + 10% Bonus
Responsible for building data pipelines & Python- based ETL tools for retrieving, processing, & delivering data. In addition, this Senior Data Engineer will be responsible for developing data modules that enable business analysts & data scientists with a variety of analytics. We’re looking for someone to become an expert in all aspects of our data & analytics infrastructure. The ideal candidate has a high level of intellectual curiosity with a desire to understand our business. This person should have meticulous attention to detail & great documentation skills. Strong communication skills are important to call out opportunities in data pipelines.
Primary Job Duties Included (but not limited to)
- Build data pipelines & Python-based ETL tools for getting, processing, & delivering data
- Develop data models & schemas in our data warehouse that enable performant, intuitive
- Identify, design & implement internal process improvements including re-designing
- infrastructure for greater scalability, optimizing data delivery, & automating manual processes
- Build required infrastructure for optimal extraction, transformation & loading of data from various data sources using SQL, AWS, or Snowflake
- Work with stakeholders including Tech, Product, Operations, Marketing & executive teams & assist them with data-related technical issues
- Become an expert on all aspects of our data & analytics infrastructure
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical degree
- 3+ years of work experience as a data engineer
- 5+ years of work experience overall
- Experience with ETL development, Airflow, AWS
- Writing complex SQL queries against large datasets
- Python proficiency
- The capacity to juggle multiple priorities effectively within a fast-paced environment is critical
- The ability to communicate complex issues or ideas to broader audiences
- A highly motivated self-starter with the ability to work efficiently with minimal supervision
BrainWorks is a premier executive search firm that delivers superior talent to drive business performance. Our consultants are experts in their practice areas, which include Information Technology; Consumer Products, CRM, Direct/Database Marketing and Customer Sciences/Advanced Analytics; Accounting and Finance; Private Equity and Portfolio Companies; Digital Marketing and eCommerce; and Consumer Insights and Market Research
Our Technology Practice has deep expertise understanding how technology executives drive business performance. We have placed mid to senior level talent including CIOs, CTOs, and leaders in Development, Infrastructure, Data Management and E-Commerce.
BrainWorks prides itself on quality, speed and GUARANTEED RESULTS, delivered through our unique QUASAR approach. When you partner with BrainWorks, your company will receive intelligence and industry expertise from consultants who are trustworthy, caring and passionate about your business needs. https://brainworksinc.com.
To apply for this job please visit brainworksinc.com.