Job ID: EB-2346577542 Category: Analytics, Data Science & Data Gov. Location: Remote,
Sr. Data Scientist – Pricing
Senior Data Scientist – Pricing role provides an exciting opportunity to work with data covering a diverse portfolio of consumer brands with extensive opportunities to drive impact on a global scale. The candidate will be part of a fast-paced, innovative, collaborative team, helping solve problems, drive impact, and deliver key insights to our customers by leveraging innovations in data science, machine & deep learning, and predictive modeling techniques.
The candidate will implement machine learning & optimization techniques to create advanced analytics, AI & ML solutions to better solve Pricing and Promo problems while streamlining our processes and approaching the business in more innovative ways. We are looking for a highly self-motivated agile personality who can lead data science projects independently while collaborating with team members and multi-organizational stakeholders. The key to success will be the ability to deep dive into complex business problems and partner with key stakeholders to understand the challenges in the pricing landscape and their current processes/workflows and convey rigorous mathematical concepts/ considerations to non-experts in a clear and understandable way.
Who You Are:
• Highly analytical, creative, curious, team player, self-motivated and desire for continuous learning in job-related subject matter
• Ability to simplify highly complex analyses and output into terms that are easily accessible and impactful in both written and verbal formats
• strong quantitative background and can thrive in an environment that leverages statistics, machine learning, operations research, econometrics, and business analysis.
• Enjoy working in a complex technological environment including data.
• Develop models to predict price elasticity of demand for products, channels, and markets.
• Leverages state-of-the-art data science tools, methodologies, and algorithms to drive improved decisions
• Build in-house price recommendation solutions that optimize revenue, profit and sell-through
• Develop, assess, and deploy statistical and machine learning models that make large scale pricing recommendations.
• Optimize our pricing, promotion & assortment strategies using advanced data science tools and techniques.
• Leads data science projects independently while collaborating with team members and multi-organizational stakeholders.
• Engage with a multi-disciplinary team of leaders to across all aspect of a global retail business to design, develop and deploy data driven capabilities that achieve consumer objectives.
• Elevate the use of data as a core competency and impact driver on our portfolio of brands by developing best in class solutions and practices.
• Measure product performance during internal/external promotional events to assess the elasticity of demand across the product portfolio.
• Dive deep into complex business problems and Partner with key stakeholders to understand the challenges in the pricing landscape and their current processes and workflows
• Partner with team members across the organization to identify opportunities to use our data to serve our pricing and promotion strategy.
• Convey rigorous mathematical concepts and considerations to non-experts in a clear and understandable way. Communicate clearly and effectively to technical and non-technical audiences.
Educational/ Position Requirements:
• MS. in a quantitative field (statistics, operations research, mathematics, computer science, economics, analytics) is required. (PhD in similar quantitative field from an accredited university is an advantage)
• 4+ years of experience in Retail analytics/Market research, competitive intelligence or other similar function with demonstrated ability to manage function in a complex environment with multiple constituencies
• Expertise with statistical and predictive modeling (including, regression, classification, clustering, time-series analysis etc.) using open-source software Python
• Experience with AWS or Cloud and ETL frameworks
• Passion for working with numbers and large datasets (with direct experience in pricing is a plus)
• High character and integrity, is consistent and acts in line with a clear and visible set of values and beliefs
BrainWorks, founded in 1991, is a leading executive search firm that prides itself on delivering superior talent to drive business performance. Our consultants are experts in their practice areas, which include CRM, Direct / Database Marketing and Customer Sciences / Advanced Analytics.
The Relationship Marketing and Decision Sciences Practice Group places top performing candidates, from mid-level managers to C-level executives, with companies spanning from entrepreneurial start-ups to Fortune 500’s. Some of the business areas in which these candidates specialize include the following: Statistical Modeling, Advanced Analytics, Web Analytics, Digital Analytics, Customer Analytics, and Campaign Management.
When you partner with BrainWorks you will receive industry expertise coupled with quality, speed and results guaranteeing a great hire. We look forward to having the opportunity to work with you https://brainworksinc.com.