Job ID: EB-4178417340 Category: Analytics, Data Science & Data Gov. Location: Remote,
Sr. Decision Scientist, Digital Analytics
About the Role
The Decision Scientist will drive effective translation, optimization, and usage of analytics, insights, and data science with business stakeholders and peers to enable critical decision-making. This will entail effectively translating business requirements into plans and actionable items that will drive growth across digital channels. In this capacity, strong leadership, training, and communication skills are important as this role will be providing guidance and recommendations to peers and vertical business leaders. The successful candidate will be a global catalyst for amplifying data visualization and decisioning capabilities that spark efficiency, drive business decisions, and foster innovation and growth for our Insights and Analytics that spans brands, regions, and functions.
The Digital Analytics and Insights team will operate across a highly matrixed, multinational organization and drive the organization’s strategic advantage through identifying and capturing key business use cases, collecting, and preparing data, and providing in-depth analysis, consulting and solutions for problems that analytics, insights, and data science can solve across the company.
The ideal candidate must have an inherent passion for analytics-driven thinking and strong domain knowledge of the business functions they are partnering with. They must be adept at translating business use cases into functional requirements that clarify and simplify the activation of data science methods and models that drive decisive action. They partner with data science to scope AI/ML modeling to solve complex problems, and can articulately communicate the benefits of these models, products, and tools to senior business stakeholders to ensure adoption and uptake of insights and findings.
In addition to potential broad assignments across the company, you’ll be working with the Digital Technology leaders, business leaders, and other key functional leaders to build out tools and analytic capabilities to measure digital channel performance. This space has historically been a source of competitive advantage for us but can benefit from advanced capabilities to secure that competitive advantage into the future.
How You Will Make a Difference:
• Establish, socialize, and execute the reporting strategy based on key areas – people, processes, data, and technology. Align strategy, resources, project plans, and goals to business objectives
• Develop and maintain consultative and collaborative relationships with key business stakeholders (including Digital and Brand) to proactively identify and address business intelligence needs
• Serve as a subject matter expert in digital analytics, channel performance, testing/experimentation, and consumer journey mapping
• Utilize tools such as Google Analytics, BigQuery, SQL, Tableau, and Google Data Studio to generate reports and visual dashboards
• Apply strong storytelling acumen to develop and design presentations, reports, data visualizations, and other deliverables. Summarize findings to key stakeholders and executive leadership, communicating with both technical and non-technical team members
• Evangelize the evolution of business reporting into decision intelligence, leveraging data science, modeling, and AI into data products that automate or aid in decisioning
• Establish and maintain principles, role definitions, responsibilities, standards, procedures, and accountability for reporting and visualization
• Provide thought leadership, project oversight, and task prioritization on large-scale reporting initiatives. Measure and monitor the benefits of the realization of those initiatives
• Lead and/or support the development of integrated analytics processes in cooperation with global, cross-functional teams, capturing business requests both corporately and within the brands.
• Leverage industry and functional expertise to develop and deploy products and analyses to ensure that we are in tune with best-in-class tools and techniques.
Suggested Years of Related Professional Experience:
• BS in Business, Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, or other analytically based area or equivalent work experience to total 4+ years
Required Knowledge, Capabilities and Experience:
• Passion and expert skills for working with and understanding big data coding and statistics (SQL, R or Python)
• Vast experience working with large data sets including transaction and clickstream data
• Versed in experimental design construct and analysis, including A/B and multivariate testing
• Tableau data visualizations
• Demonstrated critical thinking and analytical skills; ability to apply systems knowledge to troubleshoot and analyze new issues is critical
• Demonstrated understanding of retail, wholesale, CPG, or footwear and apparel industry business processes and how data is used within them, with awareness of industry processes
• Strong project management skills with proven track record of delivering and managing multiple projects and priorities demanding both rigorous attention to detail and high-level comprehensive
BrainWorks, founded in 1991, is a leading executive search firm that prides itself on delivering superior talent to drive business performance. Our consultants are experts in their practice areas, which include CRM, Direct / Database Marketing and Customer Sciences / Advanced Analytics.
The Relationship Marketing and Decision Sciences Practice Group places top performing candidates, from mid-level managers to C-level executives, with companies spanning from entrepreneurial start-ups to Fortune 500’s. Some of the business areas in which these candidates specialize include the following: Statistical Modeling, Advanced Analytics, Web Analytics, Digital Analytics, Customer Analytics, and Campaign Management.
When you partner with BrainWorks you will receive industry expertise coupled with quality, speed and results guaranteeing a great hire. We look forward to having the opportunity to work with you https://brainworksinc.com.