The Companyis seeking a Senior Manager of Technical Accounting and SEC Reporting to join our growing team. In this role you will report to the VP of Technical Accounting and SEC Reporting , and will be responsible for the following :
• Managing a high potential team of 2,
• Develop and maintain the Company’s global accounting policies, technical accounting guidance and SEC reporting
• Responsible for company-wide coordination, preparation and filing of quarterly Form 10-Q, annual Form 10-K and any other required SEC filings including any responses to SEC comment letters
• Responsible for the coordination and drafting of all sections in our MD&A disclosures
• Assist with the Company’s planning and implementation of new accounting standards
• Work with the company’s independent auditors to effective plan and coordinate quarterly reviews and annual audits.
• Responsible for the accounting integration of all acquisitions including accounting policy alignment, purchase accounting and related disclosures
• Responsible for the current update and further development/maintenance of all accounting policies and procedures maintained in the Company Finance Database.
• Various special projects for Chief Financial Officer and senior management team
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business; MBA Plus
• CPA Required
• 7-10 years combined Public Accounting and Private experience
• Minimum 4 years in public accounting required
• Experience leading teams in a corporate environment.
• Strong leadership presence that creates a high sense of accountability and integrity throughout the organization and promotes a positive and supportive work environment.
• Strong communicator with ability to succinctly articulate business and accounting issues to executive management team
Our Competencies for All Team Members:
• Drive for results: Motivated by success and passionate about working and achieving higher results. Persists to complete tasks / responsibilities, even in the face of difficulties, is optimistic and tenacious all through. Operates with personal ownership and looks for ways and means to improve performance all the time. Displaying a strong commitment to making service performance improvements and a determination to achieve positive outcomes.
• Business Acumen: The ability to take a ‘big picture’ view of a situation, to weigh it up quickly, make a logical, sound decision confidently, and influence others to agree with you in order to have a positive impact towards achieving the objectives of the organization.
• Collaborative: Pursues everything with a collaborative spirit; a true team player
BrainWorks is a premier executive search firm that delivers superior talent to drive business performance. Our consultants are experts in their practice areas, which include Accounting & Finance Careers; Consumer Products; CRM, Direct/Database Marketing and Customer Sciences/Advanced Analytics; Accounting and Finance; Technology; Private Equity and Portfolio Companies; Digital Marketing and eCommerce; and, Consumer Insights and Market Research
Our Accounting & Finance Practice has deep ties across all industry sectors with an emphasis in CPG, Manufacturing, Retail, Pharmaceutical, Real Estate, Technology, Insurance and Financial Services. Having hands-on experience in corporate finance and public accounting, we are experts in representing CFO searches, along with Director Level and above, in any accounting, finance, and procurement departments. Our clients range from Fortune 100 to privately owned emerging corporations and we are highly networked in the Venture Capital and Private Equity space.
BrainWorks prides itself on quality, speed and GUARANTEED RESULTS, delivered through our unique QUASAR approach. When you partner with BrainWorks, your company will receive intelligence and industry expertise from consultants who are trustworthy, caring and passionate about your business needs. https://brainworksinc.com.