Job ID: EB-1835793651
Category: Accounting & Finance
Location: Alpharetta, GA
SCOPE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting directly to the CFO of the Americas with dual reporting the President of the business unit, the VP Finance will serve as a key business partner and play an important role in the company’s multi-year transformation. At the heart of the transformation, the company seeks to upgrade the talent and build a strong bench while attracting financial talent who understand how to effectively partner, drive a metrics and data-driven financial analysis and forecasting function, bring a sharp focus to process improvement, and positively impact the financial results of the company.
• Provide a common financial and reporting platform to consistently monitor results and make fact-based business assessments and decisions. Support respective leaders with metrics reporting and decision analysis – identify strategic opportunities to improve the business.
• Spearhead a digital transformation that leverages cloud-based SAP systems to get “clean” data, for accurate predictive analytics. Provide concise analysis to assess viability, risks and opportunities; offer strategic solutions to drive sales.
• Provide analysis and interpretations of monthly/quarterly operating results and financial conditions for North America’s leadership team through timely and accurate financial reporting. Proactively identifying opportunities for value creation and profit improvement.
• Support the CFO, North America, in analyzing operational data and trends to support the development of various strategies to control costs, reallocate resources, justify capital investments, provide better internal/external services, etc.
• Create and promote a high-performance culture by leading and developing a dynamic team of individuals who constantly search for creative ways to elevate the capabilities of resources, policies and systems to meet/exceed business needs. Identify and fill gaps in skills/capabilities.
• Review and drive improvement in the finance and accounting systems and processes.
• Coordinate with business teams to prepare annual budgets, one/three/five-year strategic plans, monthly rolling forecasts, and operating reviews. Measure actual performance against goals and perform trend analysis for senior management reporting and proactive strategic planning.
• Participate in the operational aspects of any mergers, acquisitions, strategic alliances, joint ventures, partnerships and other growth-related initiatives to effectively integrate people, process, and systems.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
The Vice President of Finance will have a strong financial foundation of experience and track record of financial leadership in companies known for the quality of their financial functions and talent. Direct experience in a manufacturing environment is required and familiarity with a variety of direct and indirect distribution channels and commercial operations is highly desirable. Strong analytical and partnering skills are a must, and we seek to attract a leader with a natural executive presence, relatable not only to the executive team, but the everyday floor employee. The successful candidate will have the flexibility to adapt to a new and changing environment, possess an intense work ethic and results orientation, and demonstrate a non-hierarchical approach, authenticity and humility.
• Strong educational background with an undergraduate degree in accounting or finance preferably complemented by an MBA in Finance. In addition, the successful candidate will ideally possess early experience in an academy company providing the training and exposure to world-class accounting and financial management.
• Well-rounded accounting and financial background with experience at the corporate and divisional level and demonstrable experience in financial planning and forecasting. In addition, the successful candidate should be skilled in driving a metrics and data-driven financial function to bring focus and clarity to the financial implications of key decisions while driving results.
• Direct experience in a relatively large and complex manufacturing environment with exposure to matrix-management approaches. Ideally, the successful candidate will have experience in a B2B business with exposure to commercial operations and issues associated with pricing, contract negotiations and a variety of distribution channels.
• Possess broad-minded business acumen to provide leadership to impact the business beyond the finance function and must be able to effectively lead and represent the commercial organization while engaging other leaders to achieve collective strategic and financial goals.
• Direct experience in driving a large-scale transformation enabled through implementation of a global ERP platform. Ideally, the successful candidate will have direct experience with SAP.
• The successful candidate will be a strong business partner with the ability to build highly effective relationships at all levels across the organization. Demonstrating the ability to work in a dynamic and growing mid-sized business will require strong relationship skills and a high degree of social and self-awareness.
• The successful candidate will be a collaborative team builder with a natural team orientation and proactive leadership style. The VP Finance will not only be hands-on and operate as a team player, but also lead by example and put the success of the team first.
• The new VP Finance will demonstrate a strong results-orientation and the toughness of character and work ethic to lead in hard working and mission driven organization. Importantly, this leader must be hungry, totally committed to winning, and demonstrate the strength of conviction and intensity that engenders confidence and inspires others.
• The successful candidate must possess the highest moral and ethical standards and demonstrate an appreciation and understanding of the servant leader model. Considering the Company’s culture and commitment to doing what is right, the VP must be a highly respected leader who plays a key role in shaping a positive company culture.
• The successful candidate must possess exceptional communication skills and executive presence to lead both within and outside the company. In light of the strong business partner and leadership role the VP will play, the successful must effectively communicate.
• This new leader must also be smart and agile and demonstrate the intellectual horsepower and quickness to lead in a dynamic and fluid business. As a result, we seek to attract a leader and mentor with the ability to anticipate future consequences and trends combined with the ability to remain focused and lead when faced with adversity and ambiguity.
BrainWorks is a premier executive search firm that delivers superior talent to drive business performance. Our consultants are experts in their practice areas, which include Accounting & Finance Careers; Consumer Products; CRM, Direct/Database Marketing and Customer Sciences/Advanced Analytics; Accounting and Finance; Technology; Private Equity and Portfolio Companies; Digital Marketing and eCommerce; and, Consumer Insights and Market Research
Our Accounting & Finance Practice has deep ties across all industry sectors with an emphasis in CPG, Manufacturing, Retail, Pharmaceutical, Real Estate, Technology, Insurance and Financial Services. Having hands-on experience in corporate finance and public accounting, we are experts in representing CFO searches, along with Director Level and above, in any accounting, finance, and procurement departments. Our clients range from Fortune 100 to privately owned emerging corporations and we are highly networked in the Venture Capital and Private Equity space.
BrainWorks prides itself on quality, speed and GUARANTEED RESULTS, delivered through our unique QUASAR approach. When you partner with BrainWorks, your company will receive intelligence and industry expertise from consultants who are trustworthy, caring and passionate about your business needs. https://brainworksinc.com.