Job ID: EB-1612596536
Category: Private Equity
Location: Wichita, KS
Our client, a fast-growing and innovative wholesale distributor of overstock inventory, is seeking a VP of Operations/COO to join its executive leadership team and be a key contributor in developing the annual strategic initiatives and future direction for the organization. Central to this role is leading the inventory side of the business, including procurement, logistics, facility management (warehousing), 3PLs, freight, e-commerce, drop shipping, and returns.
• Work cross functionally to guide the transformation of the business to a data-centric environment driven by IT, automation and best practices in SOP’s.
• Build, execute and optimize the fulfillment capabilities of the company in support of the company’s revenue and EBITDA goals.
• Drive transformational optimization initiatives including US warehousing, 3PLs and delivery, eCommerce fulfillment support, Asia sourcing for private label goods, selection and implementation of an effective ERP system.
• Establish effective operational metrics, trend reporting and analysis to enable visibility and corrective action
• Build a high-performance operational team to support high growth and effective scaling of the business
• Maintain a focus on continuous improvement and development of a Lean operating environment
Ideal candidates will have:
• Bachelor’s degree and 15-20 years of relevant operations experience in consumer products, retail, and/or distribution/warehouse management. Experience in e-commerce distribution channels required
• Demonstrated success in system implementations and system upgrades
• Strong understanding of inventory management; ability to develop SO&P process to drive deep insight on inventory availability and proper planning based on forecasted sales
• Experience developing and implementing short-term and long-term operation plans across multiple facilities and multiple product lines
• Strong financial management experience, and ability to implement metrics and KPI’s
BrainWorks is a premier executive search firm that delivers superior talent to drive business performance. Our consultants are experts in their practice areas, which include Consumer Products Careers; CRM, Direct/Database Marketing and Customer Sciences/Advanced Analytics; Accounting and Finance; Information Technology; Private Equity & Corporate Finance Digital Marketing and eCommerce; and Consumer Insights and Market Research.
The Consumer Products Practice Group places top performing candidates from mid to senior-level executives with companies spanning from Fortune 10 to midsize regional and national firms. Our consumer products recruiters have extensive knowledge of current trends and industry challenges. Some examples of Consumer Products Executive Searches would include C-level Officers, VP’s, Directors and Senior Managers in the areas of Sales, Marketing, Product Development, and Operations.
BrainWorks prides itself on quality, speed and GUARANTEED RESULTS, delivered through our unique QUASAR approach. When you partner with BrainWorks, your company will receive intelligence and industry expertise from consultants who are trustworthy, caring and passionate about your business needs. http://www.brainworksinc.com .
To apply for this job please visit brainworksinc.com.