Commodities Market Analyst
This individual will provide quantitative and qualitative research, create reports, stay current on major events taking place in the commodities industry, and respond to commercial/trading team questions and queries.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Monitor global supply and demand trends, and update proprietary trading models.
• Track and analyze data pertinent to the industry
• Participate in the analysis of current and projected market conditions and the identification of key trends and opportunities for the business in a small global team.
• Participate in the analysis of current and projected market fundamentals of commodity products
• Work closely with Global Analysis Team and global Traders to provide commodity price forecasting on a weekly or monthly basis
• Collaborate in the assessment and quantification of upside/downside risks in market pricing resulting from fundamental supply and demand changes.
• Deliver insights through written reports, presentations, and client interactions.
• Network with external and internal sources to gather all relevant market information.
• Perform ad-hoc research and analysis as requested.
• Strong analytical, logic and problem-solving skills. Detail oriented
• Data mining, programming (Python, SQL, etc), econometrics, forecasting, statistical analysis, and Power BI skills
• Ability to learn organization’s database and other software as needed.
• Experience using large datasets from multiple sources.
• Interest and basic understanding of agricultural commodity markets. Interest or experience (even personal) is a plus.
• Interest in financial derivatives of commodity markets
• Strong verbal, written, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
• Must possess independent decision-making skill.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple deliverables at once
• Ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment and to navigate in a matrix organization.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited four-year college or university in Economics, Statistics, Agricultural Economics, Agricultural Business, or related field
BrainWorks is a premier executive search firm that delivers superior talent to drive business performance. Our consultants are experts in their practice areas, which include Consumer Products Careers; CRM, Direct/Database Marketing and Customer Sciences/Advanced Analytics; Accounting and Finance; Information Technology; Private Equity & Corporate Finance; Digital Marketing and eCommerce; and Consumer Insights and Market Research.
BrainWorks prides itself on quality, speed and GUARANTEED RESULTS, delivered through our unique QUASAR approach. When you partner with BrainWorks, your company will receive intelligence and industry expertise from consultants who are trustworthy, caring and passionate about your business needs. https://brainworksinc.com.