Date Posted: 2021-07-01
Job ID: EB-1433683467
Category: Private Equity
Location: Remote/NYC, NY
What you’ll do:
Founded in 2005, our client has a strong track record of investing in healthcare companies. They are focused on building growth oriented businesses by driving clinical, strategic, technological and cultural differentiation in organizations. The firm is looking for a Business Development Analyst to join the team reporting to the VP of Business Development. The firm aims to keep teams small and agile, ensuring that all team members are able to play an integral role in the team’s success. The Business Development Analyst role will have the opportunity to be promoted to an Associate role on the deal team.
A qualified candidate should have 0-2 years experience and will also meet the following criteria:
• A demonstrated track record of academic and extra-curricular success
• Demonstrated ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment with limited supervision
• Strong communication skills
• Self-starter with superior work ethic and uncompromising personal integrity
• Comfortable interacting with the management teams of prospective investments
• Demonstrable interest in finance, investing, and the healthcare sector
Specific Responsibilities Include:
• Leading the firm’s effort to identify attractive industry sectors and specific companies for investment
• Attending trade shows and conferences and reviewing industry publications to contribute to the firm’s proprietary database of private companies
• Speaking with over 1,000 intermediaries & entrepreneurs each year to source new portfolio companies
• Conducting due diligence and quantitative analysis (secondary)
• Helping manage portfolio company relationships and sourcing add-on acquisition sourcing efforts (secondary)
Compensation is highly competitive and includes base salary and bonus opportunity. The Analyst position requires a two-year commitment. High performing Analysts will have the opportunity to continue with the firm as BD Associates at the completion of their program.
What you’re like:
We hire Analysts who have demonstrated an interest in finance, investing, and the healthcare sector. Successful candidates will have a proven track record of leadership skills, outstanding academic (typically a GPA of 3.6+), and/or
professional achievements and extra-curricular and/or community engagement. Our strongest candidates are passionate and hardworking while maintaining a positive attitude and sense of humor.
The Analyst role requires highly motivated and self-driven individuals who exhibit high attention to detail. They should have strong analytical and communication skills and must be able to think quickly and thrive in a fast-paced environment. We value diversity in all forms and work to create an inclusive and open culture where the best ideas win.
We believe the ingredients of a great investor are similar to those of a great entrepreneur. Both require passion and drive, a voracious appetite to learn, insatiable curiosity, a genuine interest in business and how companies work and, perhaps most importantly, a resilience and relentless optimism that the next great company is right around the corner.
BrainWorks is a premier executive search firm that delivers superior talent to drive business performance. Our consultants are experts in their practice areas, which include: Private Equity & Corporate Finance; Consumer Products; CRM, Direct/Database Marketing and Customer Sciences/Advanced Analytics; Accounting and Finance; Information Technology; Digital Marketing and eCommerce; and, Consumer Insights and Market Research.
The Private Equity & Corporate Finance practice conducts searches for leading private equity firms, portfolio companies, investment banks, and fortune companies across the nation. Some examples of searches include the following:
• Pre and Post MBA private equity deal team professionals
• Private equity portfolio company C-level through Manager finance and operations
• Sell and Buy Side investment banking firms
• Fortune company corporate development, strategy and finance
BrainWorks prides itself on quality, speed and GUARANTEED RESULTS, delivered through our unique QUASAR approach. When you partner with BrainWorks, your company will receive intelligence and industry expertise from consultants who are trustworthy, caring and passionate about your business needs. https://brainworksinc.com.
To apply for this job please visit brainworksinc.com.