BrainWorks has been retained by a leading software client in the healthcare systems space. We’re seeking a SaaS experienced Chief Financial Officer to develop growth strategies by embracing data analytics, challenging KPIs, and leading the team to achieve greatness. This is a successful, robust, Private Equity backed software firm elevating their service offerings, market share, and growth objectives. Come join one of the country’s 5000 fastest-growing private companies according to Inc Magazine.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
As a key member of the Executive Team and reporting to the CEO, you will have an opportunity to shape the overall financial direction of the company. This position offers a broad role and complex challenges for a financial executive with an entrepreneurial spirit. With the autonomy to directing day-to-day finance operations, you will be relied on heavily to keep the finance and other functions focused and running smoothly. Your primary objectives are to help the company manage and sustain growth and to maximize revenue and profits, but you will also drive efficiencies and optimize workflows. The CFO is a key role in growing the company and will assist in the leadership of the team and the overall organization – a “go to” resource with input in nearly every facet of the operations of the Company.
• Lead the corporate finance, treasury, planning and analysis, accounting functions including multi-entity consolidations, as well as human resources and administration.
• Lead the financial analysis for strategic and tactical decisions. This includes forecasting, ROI analysis, and B/E analysis.
• Advise senior management on the financial implications of business activities. Make recommendations to strategically enhance financial performance, prepare special analyses/evaluations in support of major business decisions, and collaboratively develop operating policies and procedures and improvement programs for the attainment of corporate objectives.
• Assist with due diligence and lead the financial planning and integration of tuck-in acquisitions.
• Build enhanced and highly automated direct and indirect accounting and finance systems and procedures, including controls, documentation, and training.
• Establish MBOs and KPIs with department heads and report on them to the CEO. Educate staff members on where to draw information from and the importance of the measurements.
• Generate timely corporate financial information, profitability analysis, and operating statistics with a keen focus on trends, forecasting, and corrective action plans. This information is a great deal more than a historical analysis of financial and operating activities. Produce annual budgets and multi-year year financial plans with sensitivity analysis.
• Manage the development of custom databases, analyzing data from multiple systems to support other responsibilities, and to develop business intelligence.
• Manage independent auditor relationships and audit engagements, including regulatory, state, federal, and client audits relating to indirect accounting functions. Manage the outside CPA firm on annual tax planning, preparation, and filing at the Company level.
• Lead HR management functions, including talent acquisition and management initiatives.
• Develop human capital from within the organization, by mentoring peers and subordinates.
• Assist with preparing board material and board presentations.
• Perform ad hoc responsibilities as requested by the CEO and Board of Directors
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
• An ability to create and manage complex accounting and reporting systems and processes
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to simplify and communicate complex financial issues to executives, peers and staff
• A commitment to working as a member of a team and the ability to quickly gain the trust, confidence and respect of peers, customers and external partners
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to connect business actions with financial outcomes
• A can-do, self-starter mentality with the ability to actively manage activities across multiple projects with both internal and external partners
• The highest level of ethical standards of conduct
WHAT YOU’LL BRING WITH YOU:
• Bachelor’s degree (Accounting or Finance preferred)
• MBA or CPA is preferred
• Experience: A minimum of 10 – 15+ years prior work experience obtained through increasingly responsible positions within the accounting and finance function and leadership positions in a SaaS company
• Experience in a PE backed, entrepreneurial environments that has achieved scalable growth
• Experience leading or being actively involved in an exit of $100M + to a strategic or financial sponsor
• Prior investment banking experience from either end of the table
• Proven leadership skills with experience growing and motivating managers
• Strong analytical and quantitative abilities
• Expertise in strategic planning, budgeting, forecasting, modeling, and reporting. Experience in the creation of metrics (KPIs) as well as setting, measuring, and enforcing financial and operational standards.
• Excellent GAAP accounting knowledge; recurring revenue experience and consolidated financial statement preparation a plus
• Knowledge and experience with policies, procedures, and sound systems of internal control.
• Experience with Sage Intacct accounting platform is strongly preferred
• Advanced knowledge of Excel, knowledge of automated financial and reporting systems, Microsoft Office products, and other tools commonly used by accounting and finance teams
• Intellectual curiosity
• Finance rigor
• Whitespace visionary
• Born leader
BrainWorks is a premier executive search firm that delivers superior talent to drive business performance. Our consultants are experts in their practice areas, which include Accounting & Finance Careers; Consumer Products; CRM, Direct/Database Marketing and Customer Sciences/Advanced Analytics; Accounting and Finance; Technology; Private Equity and Portfolio Companies; Digital Marketing and eCommerce; and, Consumer Insights and Market Research
Our Accounting & Finance Practice has deep ties across all industry sectors with an emphasis in CPG, Manufacturing, Retail, Pharmaceutical, Real Estate, Technology, Insurance and Financial Services. Having hands-on experience in corporate finance and public accounting, we are experts in representing CFO searches, along with Director Level and above, in any accounting, finance, and procurement departments. Our clients range from Fortune 100 to privately owned emerging corporations and we are highly networked in the Venture Capital and Private Equity space.
BrainWorks prides itself on quality, speed and GUARANTEED RESULTS, delivered through our unique QUASAR approach. When you partner with BrainWorks, your company will receive intelligence and industry expertise from consultants who are trustworthy, caring and passionate about your business needs. https://brainworksinc.com.