Job ID: EB-1088302089
Category: Private Equity
Location: Boston, MA
Our client is a private equity backed SAAS business that aspires to be the worldwide leader in buyside research management software. The Company not only strives to have the largest customer base in the industry but also be the undisputed premier solution provider when it comes to the most demanding and prestigious asset managers and allocators across the globe. Furthermore, the Company will proactively pursue strategic acquisitions that could further strengthen the product offering, add complementary solutions and/or enable entry into new markets, all while increasing the financial scale of the business.
The Company received significant investment from a leading private equity firm in 2019. The firm seeks to invest in a select number of highly specialized enterprise software companies based in North America. The Principals of the firm bring a unique combination of deep software investing and operating experience having decades of experience with leading technology investment firms.
The CFO will play a leading role in ensuring scalable growth of the business and will be the main conduit of information and informed decision making between the management team and investors. The CFO will have a healthy understanding of all functional areas of the business, particularly as it pertains to the financial impact that each has on the overall business (i.e. “unit-economics” and ROI on various growth initiatives across different functional areas). Furthermore, the CFO will help build financial and organizational processes and systems in order to enable the integration of any acquisition(s) in the future. He or she will build a metrics-based, highly measurable performance-based culture which will enhance the predictability of the business performance, making it a highly attractive strategic asset in the industry.
- Success serving as the key member of the senior executive team in providing input to the CEO, Board, and management peers regarding the financial implications of all major business decisions, as well as strategic objectives.
- Recent experience as CFO or #2 at a fast-growing SaaS or software company, with strong familiarity with software revenue recognition, metrics, and best practices.
- Ideally a combination of experience that includes accounting and ownership/critical member of the finance function a rapidly growing company that has scaled from single digits of ARR to $25+MM.
- Diversity of experience and exposure to a wide range of complex business models.
- Application SaaS and Software industry experience required.
- Strong FP&A skillset with analytical, intellectually curious mindset.
- Business and operationally oriented.
- Raw intellect, talent and energy are critical.
- Ability to develop and implement systems, tools and processes increasing business clarity.
- Prior experience within a company that is backed by Private Equity investors is preferred but not required.
- M&A and post-merger integration experience required.
- Strong communication and team building skills.
To apply for this job please visit brainworksinc.com.