Date Posted: 2021-07-05
Job ID: EB-1123206149
Category: Private Equity
We are engaged on an outstanding CFO opportunity for a new de novo software roll-up led by a leading software PE investor. This investment strategy by the PE sponsor has yielded the firm’s highest returns in their history. This is a unique opportunity to be a key executive leader driving the finance function of what will be a family of 30-40 scaling companies over the course of the investment cycle targeting 10-15 acquisitions per year. The CFO, in partnership with the CEO and COO will be intricately involved in the company’s strategic direction along with building and driving the finance function across the business. Please let me know if you would be interested in speaking.
Our client is a recently formed holding company focused on acquiring and growing SAAS businesses with $2 – $10MM ARR in niche verticals. The company partners with its entrepreneurs providing resources and operational best practices to drive growth across its portfolio of operating companies.
The company was formed in January 2021 receiving initial funding to launch the software de novo growth strategy led by a $6 billion technology focused private equity firm. They have recently made three exceptional hires as CEO, COO and Head of M&A. The company is now seeking a CFO to lead financial operations as they acquire their initial companies into the portfolio. Over the course of the investment cycle the company will allocate $100-$200 million of capital and plan on acquiring 10-15 companies per year.
This role reports directly to the Chief Executive Office (CEO) and is a key member of the executive team with full responsibility for the company’s General & Administrative (G&A) functions including Finance & Accounting, Human Resources, and Legal. The position will provide general leadership and guidance to the executive team as it develops and builds the infrastructure required to effectively and efficiently scale the business and on-board newly acquired companies.
- Finance & Accounting – Develop the organization, systems, processes and controls to prepare accurate and timely GAAP financial reporting, planning and forecasting. In addition to leading P&L management, strategic financial planning and the on-boarding and integration of newly acquired companies, key responsibilities include business systems, accounting, financial reporting, financial and business controls, external financial audits, payroll, cash management, tax accounting and compliance, sales order processing, collections, procurement and FP&A
- Human Resources – Develop the organization, systems and processes to effectively and efficiently recruit, on-board and support employees. Key responsibilities include the development and implementation of the following: HRIS system and processes, company health insurance and benefits plan, recruitment/on-boarding function including employees from acquired companies, performance review process, manager/employee training programs, internal communications and regulatory compliance
- Legal – Manage third party lawyers to provide necessary sales contract support, contract review, and legal counsel related to employee and general matters
Seeking a CFO with a proven track record of building world class teams to effectively and efficiently support and scale software companies with a portfolio of products during periods of strong organic and inorganic growth. This ideal candidate should be a dynamic hands-on leader with significant M&A experience.
Specific requirements include:
- 12-15 years progressive experience in public or private equity backed software or SaaS Co’s
- Strong leadership, communication and organizational skills
- Working knowledge of GAAP including ASC 606 Revenue Accounting Guidance
- Deep SaaS metric reporting experience including ARR, MRR, Churn, Retention, NER, CAC and LTV
- Proven ability to lead strategic annual and multi-year planning activities
- Strong business systems implementation skills
- Experience raising and managing 3rdparty debt
- Time spent onboarding acquired businesses
- Experience leading HR function including HR Ops, recruiting and development functions
- Experience working with and managing external legal counsel
- BS/BA in Accounting or Finance. MBA and or CPA a plus
BrainWorks is a premier executive search firm that delivers superior talent to drive business performance. Our consultants are experts in their practice areas, which include: Private Equity & Corporate Finance; Consumer Products; CRM, Direct/Database Marketing and Customer Sciences/Advanced Analytics; Accounting and Finance; Information Technology; Digital Marketing and eCommerce; and, Consumer Insights and Market Research.
The Private Equity & Corporate Finance practice conducts searches for leading private equity firms, portfolio companies, investment banks, and fortune companies across the nation. Some examples of searches include the following:
• Pre and Post MBA private equity deal team professionals
• Private equity portfolio company C-level through Manager finance and operations
• Sell and Buy Side investment banking firms
• Fortune company corporate development, strategy and finance
BrainWorks prides itself on quality, speed and GUARANTEED RESULTS, delivered through our unique QUASAR approach. When you partner with BrainWorks, your company will receive intelligence and industry expertise from consultants who are trustworthy, caring and passionate about your business needs. https://brainworksinc.com .
To apply for this job please visit brainworksinc.com.