Date Posted: 2021-03-15
Job ID: EB-1641508311
Category: Private Equity
Location: Austin, TX
Our client is large privately/family held branded consumer food business with ~$1 billion in revenue. We have been engaged to identify an Associate, M&A and Capital Markets, to work directly with the EVP, CFO & Strategy. This position will be located in Austin, TX. The company was previously owned by Metropolous & Co. a large PE firm out of California. The family recently bought the business back from Metropolous and has since taken the company public and is aggressively growing the company’s brand strategy via M&A.
The Associate, reporting to the CFO will serve in a highly visible role (i) shaping the strategy and executing acquisitions that have a direct and meaningful impact on the Company’s future (ii) helping to manage debt, equity partner and ratings agency relationships and (iii) assisting with important strategic initiatives. The Associate will have direct interaction with the senior team, including the CEO.
The ideal candidate will have spent two to three years in investment banking or private equity. This person will play a meaningful role executing transactions and participate in all phases of M&A, from identifying targets to due diligence to integration and performance measurement. This dynamic opportunity will provide the candidate a platform from which to broaden and strengthen their M&A and capital markets skills, as well as develop a foundational set of operating skills. Strong financial modeling skills including expert level with LBO and merger models required.
Key Job Responsibilities:
• Manage and coordinate M&A activity and deal execution, including market assessment, pipeline, due diligence, valuation, and negotiations.
• Author and communicate presentations which capture and convey key information, including the business case, synergies, benefits and risks, for purposes of decision making on strategic opportunities and initiatives by executive leadership and the board of directors.
• Create presentations and participate in meetings with debt investors, equity partners, and ratings agencies.
• Perform analytics on the core business, identifying areas risk, strength and opportunity.
• Participate in and develop materials for monthly operational reviews and quarterly board meetings.
BrainWorks is a premier executive search firm that delivers superior talent to drive business performance. Our consultants are experts in their practice areas, which include: Private Equity & Corporate Finance; Consumer Products; CRM, Direct/Database Marketing and Customer Sciences/Advanced Analytics; Accounting and Finance; Information Technology; Digital Marketing and eCommerce; and, Consumer Insights and Market Research.
The Private Equity & Corporate Finance practice conducts searches for leading private equity firms, portfolio companies, investment banks, and fortune companies across the nation. Some examples of searches include the following:
• Pre and Post MBA private equity deal team professionals
• Private equity portfolio company C-level through Manager finance and operations
• Sell and Buy Side investment banking firms
• Fortune company corporate development, strategy and finance
BrainWorks prides itself on quality, speed and GUARANTEED RESULTS, delivered through our unique QUASAR approach. When you partner with BrainWorks, your company will receive intelligence and industry expertise from consultants who are trustworthy, caring and passionate about your business needs. https://brainworksinc.com .
To apply for this job please visit brainworksinc.com.