Job ID: EB-4437989300 Category: Consumer Products Location: Indianapolis, IN
Our client, a global leader in the consumer-packaged goods (CPG) industry, with a focus on sustainability and healthy ingredients has retained our practice to place at a Director of Purchasing focused on ingredients and packaging. This position, a replacement for someone retiring, will be based onsite in Indianapolis, IN with relocation assistance available if needed. This pivotal role will focus on creating operational efficiencies, spend management with high-level corporate strategies and cross-functional business units. Manage vendor relationships strategically to ensure high degree of reliability and competitive terms. Facilitate a collaborative vendor standardization process and full utilization of information systems to manage and optimize procurement. If you are looking to be a part of a company revolutionizing the food space, with opportunities to advance your career you’ll want to hear more about this great opportunity!
Ideal candidates will have:
• Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management, Purchasing or related discipline
• Minimum of 10 years ingredient and packaging procurement experience and 7+ years of direct management experience
• Experience with MRP / ERP systems
• Understanding of packaging machinery including stretch wrappers, V/HFFS equipment, carton, and shrink wrap systems.
• Experience with food processing equipment including blenders, fillers, retort processers, and heat exchange equipment.
• Legal knowledge with NAFTA, BRC, HACCP, ISO, Toxins in Packaging, REACH, Prop 65, Allergens, and other food regulations.
• Ability to thrive in a collaborative, fast paced and consistently changing environment
BrainWorks is a premier executive search firm that delivers superior talent to drive business performance. Our consultants are experts in their practice areas, which include Consumer Products Careers; CRM, Direct/Database Marketing and Customer Sciences/Advanced Analytics; Accounting and Finance; Information Technology; Private Equity & Corporate Finance Digital Marketing and eCommerce; and Consumer Insights and Market Research.
The Consumer Products Practice Group places top performing candidates from mid to senior-level executives with companies spanning from Fortune 10 to midsize regional and national firms. Our consumer products recruiters have extensive knowledge of current trends and industry challenges. Some examples of Consumer Products Executive Searches would include C-level Officers, VP’s, Directors and Senior Managers in the areas of Sales, Marketing, Product Development, and Operations.
BrainWorks prides itself on quality, speed and GUARANTEED RESULTS, delivered through our unique QUASAR approach. When you partner with BrainWorks, your company will receive intelligence and industry expertise from consultants who are trustworthy, caring and passionate about your business needs. https://brainworksinc.com.