Job ID: EB-7263049450 Category: Private Equity Location: San Francisco, CA
Title: Growth Equity/ Credit Senior Associate Location: San Francisco, CA
We are working with a very successful and growing multi-strategy tech focused investment firm based out of San Francisco. The firm has a fast-paced environment, a culture of openness and a long track record of success. The firm is differentiated by its speed and flexibility in solving complex financing issues and is a sough-after partner for technology entrepreneurs. Today, they have approximately $750mm of AUM.
The firm is comprised of a small team of highly accomplished investors with a mandate to invest buyout, growth and private debt in tech businesses globally. They are seeking an experienced Growth Equity/Credit Senior Associate to join the team and work across the firm on deal execution.
• Have extensive involvement with analyzing new investment opportunities in tech industry sectors
• Provide quality input and feedback on new deal opportunities to the senior team members; participate in investment committee meetings
• Perform miscellaneous research & due diligence as requested
• Execute acquisitions across North America with a team of investment professionals
• Support due diligence processes on transactions, including managing external providers
• Draft significant portions of investment committee communications (memos)
• Support the selection of lenders and the financing process
• Assist in the development and execution of portfolio company investment and ultimately the exit strategies
• Monitor portfolio company investments and report on a quarterly basis for investor reporting
• Keep company records up to date
• Support the CFO and CEO, especially in the context of refinancing, restructuring, or add-on acquisitions
• Build relationships & work with portfolio company management to monitor performance, develop & execute growth strategies during firm’s hold period
Desired skills & experience:
• 3-5 years transaction experience at a top tier investment bank and/or middle market private equity firm or at a private credit firm
o Understanding of purchase and credit legal documents
o Experience developing an investment strategy
o Investment realization analysis and execution experience
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (face-to-face, telephone, and written communication)
• Industry knowledge and understanding of industry-wide financial benchmarking
• Desire to work hard and do timely and excellent work
• Superior attention to detail
• Personality, charisma, energy; ability to interact with variety of “clients” – people within the firm, investors, CEOs/CFOs of our companies, etc.
BrainWorks is a premier executive search firm that delivers superior talent to drive business performance. Our consultants are experts in their practice areas, which include: Private Equity & Corporate Finance; Consumer Products; CRM, Direct/Database Marketing and Customer Sciences/Advanced Analytics; Accounting and Finance; Information Technology; Digital Marketing and eCommerce; and, Consumer Insights and Market Research.
The Private Equity & Corporate Finance practice conducts searches for leading private equity firms, portfolio companies, investment banks, and fortune companies across the nation. Some examples of searches include the following: • Pre and Post MBA private equity deal team professionals • Private equity portfolio company C-level through Manager finance and operations • Sell and Buy Side investment banking firms • Fortune company corporate development, strategy and finance
BrainWorks prides itself on quality, speed and GUARANTEED RESULTS, delivered through our unique QUASAR approach. When you partner with BrainWorks, your company will receive intelligence and industry expertise from consultants who are trustworthy, caring and passionate about your business needs. https://brainworksinc.com.