Job ID: EB-4455875435
Category: Analytics, Data Science & Data Gov.
Location: New York, NY
Lead Project Manager
New York City, New York
Hybrid three days a week in office
$140,000 to $150,000 + 20% Bonus
3 to 8 years of experience
The Project Management Office (PMO) is the department responsible for the management and delivery of a broad program on behalf of its clients. These programs may comprise component projects ranging from minor product launches to large-scale new business ventures containing major technology upgrades and implementations.
The successful candidate will be expected to work closely with business stakeholders, other project managers as well as resources in all the appropriate technology departments, to manage complex multisystem software upgrades and implementations for transaction processing system.
• to coordinate software delivery for a mid-size project team;
• to build expertise quickly in complex and challenging situations and prioritize across multiple project deliverables with a sense of urgency;
• to possess good understanding of the SDLC and hybrid Agile methodologies, particularly change and release management, and apply them to manage projects, issues and risks effectively;
• to effectively collaborate with stakeholder in development, systems engineering, network engineering and operations to build and manage release schedule, break down project into sprints and manage to externally committed dates and timelines;
• to effectively communicate project status and material plan changes to all project stakeholders including technology and business, through regular project update, emails, and periodic stakeholder status meetings; also communicates very effectively with all project team members;
• to work effectively with resource managers to allocate resources and identify and communicate resource risks and ensure plans are followed to mitigate;
• to effectively capture, publish, maintain and communicate system delivery plans;
• to effectively manages and communicates release and sprint scope, scope changes and risks to scope and timelines;
• to ensure various software environments such as production, test and dev are built out, scheduled appropriately and available for end users, development, quality assurance, and external customers;
• to demonstrate good diplomacy skills and maturity to deal with people and personalities to resolve conflicts and get the job done; and
• to explore and implement effective process improvements as applicable in project management space using tools like Jira, Confluence, ServiceNow.
Knowledge and Experience
• 5+ years professional experience including 3+ years of project management experience;
• Track record of managing and successfully delivering in-house developed software projects ;
• Solid understanding of technical risks
• knowledge of agile and conventional project management methods, standards and processes;
• good project planning and tracking skills and a track record in using these successfully;
• excellent management and interpersonal skills adequate for dealing and communicating clearly with the client to management level
• excellent business and technical writing skills adequate for documenting complex assumptions, risks and commitments clearly and unambiguously;
• the ability to work under pressure to support project deadlines;
• demonstrable ability to be confident, pragmatic and tenacious and work as a self-starter requiring limited supervision;
• excellent presentation skills;
• bachelor’s degree or equivalent;
• experience of using influencing skills to build consensus and commitment without using line management authority;
• to possess high level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others and to foster friendly and cooperative relationships
• Visio, PowerPoint; SharePoint; MS-Project, Jira/Confluence, Agile, Scrum, ServiceNow
• experience of a range of project methods and an ability to adapt any chosen method to meet the needs of a project/program;
• 5+ years of experience managing projects throughout the delivery life cycle.
• Three to five years of planning and delivering professional presentations to senior management.
• Multiple years of hands on technical experience either building or testing applications
• PMP certification preferred.
• Agile/Scrum knowledge/certification desirable.
BrainWorks, founded in 1991, is a leading executive search firm that prides itself on delivering superior talent to drive business performance. Our consultants are experts in their practice areas, which include CRM, Direct / Database Marketing and Customer Sciences / Advanced Analytics.
The Relationship Marketing and Decision Sciences Practice Group places top performing candidates, from mid-level managers to C-level executives, with companies spanning from entrepreneurial start-ups to Fortune 500’s. Some of the business areas in which these candidates specialize include the following: Statistical Modeling, Advanced Analytics, Web Analytics, Digital Analytics, Customer Analytics, and Campaign Management.
When you partner with BrainWorks you will receive industry expertise coupled with quality, speed and results guaranteeing a great hire. We look forward to having the opportunity to work with you https://brainworksinc.com.