Date Posted: 2021-08-23
Job ID: EB-1844415121
Category: Private Equity
Title: PE Backed SVP of Business Development – Multi-site Physician Practice Management
Our client is one of the largest and highly regarded national radiology platforms in the US and is backed by a leading private equity firm. The company provides diagnostic imaging and interventional radiology services through a national platform of wholly owned centers, hospital joint ventures, and radiologist partnerships. The Company is accelerating its growth through logical add-on accretive acquisitions, de novo locations in established markets, and joint ventures with prominent hospital systems in select markets. The company is also actively growing its partnerships with clinical research organizations, pharmaceutical, and medical device companies. The company has been operating for 40 years and has 140+ imaging centers in 22 states, a hospital solutions unit that covers all 50 states, and a network of 400+ radiologists across the US.
We seek a motivated and experienced Senior Vice President of Business Development to lead the charge in the company’s growth and expansion mandate through acquisitions across the country where you will source multiple deals, lead business due diligence, and build and manage key relationships throughout the process. You will be expected to shepherd and tee up the process for a successful integration.
You will have a strong background in analytics with an ability and desire to dig into the details and the numbers on the front end to assist in making timely strategic decisions while being highly personable to effectively build trusting relationships with doctors, healthcare executives, potential hospital partners, and owner-operators of selling entities.
The SVP Business Development supports the Company’s strategic plans and objectives and assists in establishing the Company’s current and long-range strategic objectives.
- Work with Senior Leadership on strategy for growth opportunities:
- Establish a plan to source new opportunities that fit the strategic direction
- Develop a screening system to assess the alignment of opportunities with strategy
- Cultivate sell-side relationships with bankers, brokers
- Establish a buy-side strategy
- Utilize “big data” sources to complement strategy
- Work closely with legal resources on documents needed for transactions such as NDA/CA, LOI, term sheets, purchase agreement documents, and closing documents
- Work closely with Finance on vetting pro formas, establishing pro-rations or working capital and capitalization options
- Develop tools to ensure successful valuations
- Oversee the process from alignment on opportunities through diligence, deal structure, and integration
- Oversee the process from sourcing through diligence, deal structure, and execution
- Provide the Chief Executive Officer, Chief Financial Officer, Chief Strategy and Development Officer and other senior managers with as much insight as possible regarding the financial benefits and potential risks of the merger or acquisition
- Prepare financial and operational due diligence reports and collaborate with legal in distributing other due diligence analysis reports to key stakeholders
- Formulate acquisition implementation plans to ensure projects are completed on time and budget; Identify appropriate stakeholders and resources required for each project
- Ensure the assumptions in the final evaluation model are in line with historical measures, incorporate all known risks, and properly reflect the valuation of the target company
- Work with marketing to develop the value proposition, sales pitch, and collaterals for business owners
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, or related area.
- Strong business acumen, excellent Financial Performance, and Analysis skills, and the ability to perform strategic analysis are required.
- Strong project management skills are required; must be able to manage several projects simultaneously.
- At least seven years of experience analyzing Mergers & Acquisition targets.
- A solid understanding of and experience in the transaction process, including deal structuring, valuation, due diligence, negotiation, and integration.
- Must demonstrate sound judgment.
- Strong written and oral communications skills are required. Able to clearly and concisely convey complex information.
- Must have the ability to work effectively and efficiently with business leaders.
- Must be a strategic and analytical thinker with the ability to focus on the details, synthesize broad amounts of information into actionable information for executives.
- Team player with the ability to build broad relationships internally and externally.
- Excellent finance and accounting skills with knowledge of key and emerging issues impacting growth in the healthcare industry.
- Embraces diversity within the work environment and consistently deals with internal and external customers in a friendly and respectful manner; supports teamwork and cooperation with partners in daily activities
The ideal candidate will understand the inherent challenges of working in a high-growth private equity sponsorship environment and will work closely with the CSO, CEO and PE Sponsor to ensure successful onboarding of new acquisitions.
- Challenge seeker, courageous and fast-paced. Not intimidated or put off by the depth of interrogation typical in private equity sponsorship
- Driven and resilient. Competitive, self-assured, achievement-oriented, emotionally stable, calm, and strong in their convictions
- Collaborative by nature with strong cross-functional and integrative organizational skills. A builder of strong teams
- Proven ability to understand and extend a customer-first culture and drive advantage
- Articulate and charismatic with an ability to communicate in a clear and direct manner
- High intellect, deep analytical skills, strong business acumen, and mental agility
BrainWorks is a premier executive search firm that delivers superior talent to drive business performance. Our consultants are experts in their practice areas, which include: Private Equity & Corporate Finance; Consumer Products; CRM, Direct/Database Marketing and Customer Sciences/Advanced Analytics; Accounting and Finance; Information Technology; Digital Marketing and eCommerce; and, Consumer Insights and Market Research.
The Private Equity & Corporate Finance practice conducts searches for leading private equity firms, portfolio companies, investment banks, and fortune companies across the nation. Some examples of searches include the following:
• Pre and Post MBA private equity deal team professionals
• Private equity portfolio company C-level through Manager finance and operations
• Sell and Buy Side investment banking firms
• Fortune company corporate development, strategy and finance
BrainWorks prides itself on quality, speed and GUARANTEED RESULTS, delivered through our unique QUASAR approach. When you partner with BrainWorks, your company will receive intelligence and industry expertise from consultants who are trustworthy, caring and passionate about your business needs. https://brainworksinc.com .
To apply for this job please visit brainworksinc.com.