Date Posted: 2020-09-18
Job ID: EB-1687771784
Category: Private Equity
Location: Pacific Northwest,
BrainWorks is engaged by a $40 billion private equity firm out of New York. We are working with their direct lending arm that has a broad investment mandate and provides senior and subordinated debt for refinancings, growth capital, acquisitions, buyouts, and balance sheet recapitalizations. They are seeking VP or Principal level professionals with extensive networks and a track record of originating direct to company loans. The firm seeks an originations professionals within their West coast market focusing on the Pacific Northwest and potentially broader coverage. This is not a sponsor coverage position, but focused on the direct to company lending. The strategy for the Firm manages over $2 billion in assets.
- Originate and source private debt opportunities (multi-strategy) in the size range of $10 – $100mm per transaction
- Assist with initial screening and due diligence of new opportunities
- Structure and negotiate prospective deals with borrowers
- Facilitate execution of credit agreements
- Monitor ongoing performance of investments
- Negotiate waivers and amendments
- Flexibility to work remotely
- A Bachelor’s degree is required. MBA or other advanced degree preferred.
- A minimum 7 to 10 years private lending origination experience
- Proven track record and rolodex of relationships with corporations, M&A advisors, private equity firms and bankers covering the Pacific Northwest and broader West coast
- Strong management, communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience assisting in the negotiation of transaction structure and terms
- Familiarity with non-investment grade credit lending
- The successful candidate will have outstanding initiative and a strong work ethic;
- The candidate must have excellent written and verbal communication skills; and
- He/She will be team-oriented and must possess strong integrity and professionalism.
To apply for this job please visit brainworksinc.com.