Industry 1: Food & Beverages Industry 2: Food Production Industry 3: Consumer Goods
Job ID: EB-2124325060 Category: Sales and Marketing Location: Chicago, IL
Our client is a privately owned family company with over 60 years of experience, a presence in over 160 countries, and a global team of 22,000 people. They are a significant player in the food industry, focusing on bringing enjoyment to people’s lives through great-tasting food. The company values family, authenticity, trust, and quality, which are reflected in their culture and guide their actions every day.
Reporting to the Senior Director, Marketing Foodservice, the Senior Brand Manager will oversee the North American Food Service portfolio. The role involves collaborating with cross-functional teams, including Sales, Customer Marketing, R&D, and Innovation, to develop and implement strategic initiatives aimed at growing the category. The ideal candidate should possess a passion for the operator and consumer, a proven track record of delivering results, strong analytical and financial skills, dynamic communication abilities, and experience in creating integrated marketing plans.
• Lead and manage the daily activities for the NA On-Premises Food Service portfolio, serving as the expert in Foodservice offerings.
• Develop strategies and tactical plans supporting the total NA Food Service objectives, keeping the operator and consumer in mind.
• Act as a key leader on the category marketing team, aligning marketing communications with brand strategies.
• Collaborate with Innovation and Insights teams to develop On-Premise Food Service innovation pipelines.
• Deliver volume, net sales, profit, and brand equity targets for NA Food Service in partnership with the off-premises brand lead.
• Prepare monthly business analysis and reports using internal and external data and industry trends.
• Forge relationships with cross-functional teams to influence Go-To-Market strategies and plans.
• Initiate and/or approve packaging decisions.
• Develop two direct reports: brand manager and associate brand manager.
Qualifications for Success:
• Bachelor’s or advanced degree in Marketing, Business Administration, or a related field (MBA strongly preferred).
• Minimum 7 years of brand management experience.
• Previous experience in the CPG space and within Food Service strongly preferred.
• Ownership of brand or pipeline strategy for a distinct business segment.
• Entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to identify and pursue business opportunities.
• Strong financial acumen, analytical abilities, communication skills, and decisiveness.
• Ability to influence the organization and key stakeholders with fact-based evidence.
• Familiarity with the Stage-Gate process for decision-making.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, including strong presentation skills.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
• Passion for and understanding of the food industry is preferred.
BrainWorks is a prominent boutique executive search firm offering a 30-year track record of successfully sourcing and placing top talent. By harnessing proven strategies, collaborating with stakeholders and leveraging a diverse and talented candidate network, BrainWorks helps businesses find, attract, and ultimately hire talented professionals that create differentiated results. Our search services can be offered either on a retained or contingency basis depending on the level of commitment your unique search requires.
BrainWorks offers several distinct practice areas, each directed by a Partner with extensive experience, and knowledge of current trends and industry challenges in their specific discipline. BrainWorks practice areas include the following: Accounting & Finance; Accounting & Finance Interim; Analytics, Data Science & Data Governance; Commodities Technology & Trading; Consumer Products; CRM & Direct Marketing; Cybersecurity; Ecommerce & Digital Marketing; Human Resources; IT & Data Engineering; Market Research & Consumer Insights; Operations & Supply Chain; Private Equity & Portfolio Company Leadership; and Sales.
BrainWorks prides itself on quality, speed and GUARANTEED RESULTS, delivered through our unique QUASAR approach. When you partner with BrainWorks, your company will receive intelligence and industry expertise from consultants who are trustworthy, caring and passionate about your business needs. https://brainworksinc.com.