Job ID: EB-1150302667 Category: Consumer Products Location: Indianapolis, IN
Our client, a global leader in the consumer-packaged goods (CPG) industry, with a focus on sustainability and healthy ingredients has retained our practice to place at a Senior Research Scientist to independently lead research and analysis of current and new business opportunities. This position will be based onsite in Indianapolis, IN with relocation assistance available. This pivotal role will develop, suitable analysis methods for known analytes, and to work with other R&D food scientists to identify and quantitate, potential contaminants and adulterants in foods and food ingredients. If you are looking to be a part of a company revolutionizing the food space, with opportunities to advance your career you’ll want to hear more about this great opportunity!
• Codevelop new fermentation, extraction, isolation processes
• Develop analysis of new ingredients.
• Investigate and understand potential ingredient issues or question using analytical methods.
• Maintain good laboratory records and keep lab area in a clean and organized manner.
• Work on independent chemistry related projects.
Ideal candidates will have:
• 3+ years of food research experience
• Expertise in carbohydrate chemistry as well as chromatographic (HPLC, UPLC and LC-MS) techniques, with working knowledge of elemental analysis (e.g., ICP), mass spectrometry, and various spectrophotometric methods of analysis is required.
• Expertise in carbohydrate science, HPLC, LCMS, chromatography, organic synthesis, fermentation, extraction, and natural products
• Masters or Ph.D.in Separations Science, Analytical Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, or related field is required
• Previous experience with low calorie sweeteners, natural products isolation, and resin chromatography is a plus
• Excellent communication, presentation and problem-solving skills
• Good work ethic, independent worker, responsible individual. Ability to multi-task, work both alone with light supervision and in a team environment
BrainWorks is a premier executive search firm that delivers superior talent to drive business performance. Our consultants are experts in their practice areas, which include Consumer Products Careers; CRM, Direct/Database Marketing and Customer Sciences/Advanced Analytics; Accounting and Finance; Information Technology; Private Equity & Corporate Finance Digital Marketing and eCommerce; and Consumer Insights and Market Research.
The Consumer Products Practice Group places top performing candidates from mid to senior-level executives with companies spanning from Fortune 10 to midsize regional and national firms. Our consumer products recruiters have extensive knowledge of current trends and industry challenges. Some examples of Consumer Products Executive Searches would include C-level Officers, VP’s, Directors and Senior Managers in the areas of Sales, Marketing, Product Development, and Operations.
BrainWorks prides itself on quality, speed and GUARANTEED RESULTS, delivered through our unique QUASAR approach. When you partner with BrainWorks, your company will receive intelligence and industry expertise from consultants who are trustworthy, caring and passionate about your business needs. https://brainworksinc.com.