Job ID: EB-8996301288 Category: Technology Location: Los Angeles, CA
The Senior System Security Engineer will make things more secure by protecting system boundaries, keeping computer systems and network devices hardened against attacks, and securing highly sensitive data. Qualified candidates will have a background in cybersecurity or systems engineering.
In this capacity, the Senior System Security Engineer will:
• Engineer, implement, and monitor security measures for the protection of computer systems, network, and information;
• Integrate security tasks and activities into system development methodologies (e.g. planning, design, implementation, operations, maintenance, and disposal); and
• Identify and verify security requirements are met throughout the process.
In addition, the Senior System Security Engineer will be expected to have experience with the following areas of responsibility:
• Prepare and document secure system development standard operating procedures and protocols;
• Perform vendor technical solution acceptance verification and validation;
• Develop technical solutions and new security tools to help mitigate security vulnerabilities and automate repeatable tasks;
• Assess gaps in existing policy and propose amendments to existing policy or new policy to address these gaps;
• Participate in the development and implementation of enterprise-level technical standards and procedural directives and other guidance materials;
• Write comprehensive reports including assessment-based findings, outcomes and propositions for further system security enhancement;
• Participates in the development, implementation and review of security controls for the systems under their purview;
• Coordinates with system owners to resolve security issues through system lifecycle; and
• Provides guidance and support to self-testing, security control assessment, preparation of remediation plans, and development of continuous monitoring plans.
• Minimum of 10 years’ experience (preferred); (8 years of experience with cybersecurity or information assurance);
• BS degree in Computer Science or related field (required);
• Thorough understanding of the latest security principles, techniques, and protocols;
• Detailed technical knowledge of network, database, and/or operating system security;
• Hands on experience in security systems, including vulnerability management, identity and access management, security risk assessments, application testing, etc.;
• Experience with network security, networking technologies, and network monitoring tools;
• Intermediate understanding of Active Directory components and structures; and
• General understanding of networks, protocols in relation to Windows Operating systems.
Employees will be provided with an excellent career opportunity in a collaborative environment, in addition to a generous total compensation package with the opportunity to earn bonuses based on individual contribution and firm profitability.
BrainWorks is a premier executive search firm that delivers superior talent to drive business performance. Our consultants are experts in their practice areas, which include Information Technology; Consumer Products, CRM, Direct/Database Marketing and Customer Sciences/Advanced Analytics; Accounting and Finance; Private Equity and Portfolio Companies; Digital Marketing and eCommerce; and Consumer Insights and Market Research
Our Technology Practice has deep expertise understanding how technology executives drive business performance. We have placed mid to senior level talent including CIOs, CTOs, and leaders in Development, Infrastructure, Data Management and E-Commerce.
BrainWorks prides itself on quality, speed and GUARANTEED RESULTS, delivered through our unique QUASAR approach. When you partner with BrainWorks, your company will receive intelligence and industry expertise from consultants who are trustworthy, caring and passionate about your business needs. https://brainworksinc.com.