Date Posted: 2022-04-22
Job ID: EB-2123599809
Category: Sales & Marketing
Location: Denver, CO
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
The Sr. Demand Planner is responsible for all forecasting activities associated with their assigned brands and customers. This individual will create and maintain forecast models for their customers, incorporate business intelligence, and forecast information gathered from Sales, Marketing, Finance, retailer replenishment analysis, and other sources (i.e., Nielsen or other syndicated consumer data). The Sr. Demand Planner will lead the dialogue each month for their respective customers and products with key counterparts in Sales, Marketing, and Operations.
- Develop demand plans (operational forecasts) at multiple levels of aggregation for multiple time horizons as part of a demand planning function using the Demand Planning forecasting tool
- Review historical sales trends, research demand drivers, prepare forecast data, develop statistical forecast models, and evaluate forecast results
- Understanding of and ability to incorporate sales, marketing and syndicated data into the forecasting model (this includes seasonality, competitive activity, trends, ad plans, category role, sales objectives and sales drivers)
- Participates in the development of corporate financial plans (AOP & BU’s). Responsible for delivering item level forecasts to the Finance department
- Works with sales team to ensure Trade Promotion Management plans are properly aligned in the Demand Plan
- Reconcile significant variances and refine the forecast model to reflect updated sales and marketing assumption
- Monitor abnormal demand and take corrective action to prevent reoccurrence, maximize customer service and minimize distressed inventory
- Integral contributor into the S&OP planning process (i.e. inventory strategies on existing items, new products, and product phase-outs)
- Collaborates with Sales, Marketing and Operations via S&OP daily/weekly/monthly work processes
- Accountable for weekly, monthly and rolling 3-month forecast accuracy improvement at brand, family and item levels
- Participate in process improvement efforts in all areas related to S&OP, Demand Planning process and technology
- Prepare and maintain relevant reports pertaining to demand planning process and create ad hoc reporting, as needed
- Participates in special projects and assignments as required
- Participates in all other miscellaneous SMPL and departmental tasks as required
- Attends departmental/cross-functional meetings
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE:
- Understanding of end-to-end supply chain & impact demand planning has on results
- Demonstrated success solving problems collaboratively via your leadership
- Knowledge in Trade Promotion Management systems and software
- Demonstrated working knowledge of statistics and statistical forecasting tools
- Outstanding computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment; Expert skills in Excel and Access
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex, technical forecasting and statistical problems
- BS/BA degree in business or a technical field, preferred
- Minimum 5 years of direct experience in retail / wholesale planning
- Relevant experience in food planning, S&OP processes, process implementations, etc.
- xperience identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems
- Experience using forecasting software such as SAP/APO or JDA/Manugistics
** Work is performed in a fast-paced office environment and may be stressful at times. Work may require sitting for long periods of time; requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, calculator, telephone, copier and fax machine and scanner.
ABOUT SIMPLY GOOD FOODS
Simply Good Foods USA, Inc. is an operating affiliate of The Simply Good Foods Company (Nasdaq: SMPL) (“Simply Good Foods”). Simply Good Foods aims to lead the nutritious snacking movement with trusted brands that offer a variety of convenient, innovative, great-tasting, better-for-you snacks and meal replacements. Our nutritious snacking platform consists of mission-driven brands, including Atkins® and Quest®, that enable consumers to meet their nutritional goals and fuel their healthy lifestyles.
Our approach to nutrition has the potential to change lives and we’re looking for great people to join our team who are committed to providing people a more nutritious way to eat. Simply Good Foods is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. We celebrate diversity and are dedicated to creating an inclusive environment for our employees.
We recognize that everyone is unique and believe that we should all have equal access to opportunities with organizations that embrace our differences and value the ideas, thoughts, and perspectives we each have to offer. At Simply, we are committed to attracting, developing, retaining, and promoting a diverse workforce that infuses equity and belonging throughout our culture and business practices.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
The health, satisfaction and security of our employees and their families are important to us and an important part of reaching our organization’s goals. We offer a total rewards package that includes valuable and competitive compensation and benefit plans. These programs reflect our commitment to attracting and retaining top talent and keeping our staff healthy and secure. The compensation available for this role includes base salary, and an annual short-term bonus. All incentive plans are subject to management and Board of Directors discretion.
- The projected annual base salary range for this role is: $86,000 to $100,000
- The annual short-term incentive target for this role is: 10% of your annual base salary
We understand that each employee’s situation is unique, and so it is our intent to offer an overall benefits package that can be shaped and molded by each employee to fit his or her family’s needs. Our current benefits package, which is available to all full-time employees and their eligible dependents, includes medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, savings accounts, life and disability coverage, and other voluntary benefits. We also offer time off benefits including vacation time, flexible vacation for exempt positions, sick leave, and parental leave. Please note, however, that Simply Good Foods Company, in its sole discretion, may modify the above benefits package.
BrainWorks is a premier executive search firm that delivers superior talent to drive business performance. Our consultants are experts in their practice areas, which include Digital Marketing and eCommerce, Consumer Products Careers; CRM, Direct/Database Marketing and Customer Sciences/Advanced Analytics; Accounting and Finance; Information Technology; Private Equity and Portfolio Companies; and, Consumer Insights and Market Research.
The Digital Marketing and eCommerce Group focuses on placing mid to senior-level executives specializing in Digital and Online Marketing. Our executive recruiters have extensive knowledge of current trends and industry challenges. Some examples of our Digital Marketing and eCommerce Searches would include C-level Officers, VP’s, Directors and Senior Managers in the areas of Internet, eCommerce, Email and Digital Marketing, as well as Web Analytics, SEO/SEM, etc.
BrainWorks prides itself on quality, speed and GUARANTEED RESULTS. When you partner with BrainWorks, your company will receive intelligence and industry expertise from consultants who are trustworthy, caring and passionate about your business needs. https://brainworksinc.com.
To apply for this job please visit brainworksinc.com.