Job ID: EB-4484061174 Category: Private Equity Location: Chicago, IL
Position: SVP of M&A Location: Chicago, IL Reporting: Position reports to EVP/Head of M&A
We are seeking a motivated and experienced Senior Vice President of M&A to manage the companies inorganic growth strategy through the evaluation and acquisition of independent mid-market insurance brokerages. The SVP combines comprehensive technical knowledge and analytical ability with strong interpersonal skills to lead sensitive, highly visible work in the M&A group. The SVP will be responsible for leading acquisitions across the country where you will source multiple deals, lead business due diligence, and build and manage key relationships throughout the process. The SVP will be expected to shepherd the deal through closing and manage the post-close integration planning and execution. The role will report to and work directly with the Head of M&A.
• Responsible for supporting M&A and senior leadership across multiple projects by preparing financial and/or operational analyses for potential mergers and acquisitions.
• Build and review analytical models, performs financial analysis, and evaluate company and market information to value acquisition opportunities.
• Lead the project management of transactions, including due diligence, senior management meetings and post-deal integration planning.
• Lead projects consisting of a broad cross-functional team throughout the deal process including: Finance/Accounting, HR, IT and Legal.
• Train and develop junior M&A personnel on the acquisition process, valuations, deal execution and post-merger integration planning.
• Analyze current and new markets to understand market structure / trends and recommends strategic acquisition opportunities.
• Develops relationships internally across the organization, and externally with competitors, industry associations, brokers, and other industry influencers to help drive M&A activity.
• Provide input and direction as a key member of the integration team.
• Assist CFO and finance team in tracking deals post-closing, including business performance and tracking earnout calculations.
Education and Experience:
• 8-10 years of relevant M&A experience.
• Ideal experience would be 8-10 years of M&A transaction experience at consulting firm, at large or middle market company, big 4 accounting firm, private equity, or investment banking.
• BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Business or Economics.
Personal Characteristics/Success Factors:
• Strong analytical and financial modeling skills.
• Understand M&A function, market valuations and role of M&A in the overall growth of the Company.
• Examine data to grasp issues, draw conclusions, and solve problems in the context of assessing M&A targets.
• Identify key facts in the M&A process. Notice when M&A target data appears wrong, incomplete or needs verification.
• Distinguish information that is not pertinent to a M&A decision or solution.
• Apply logic to analyze and categorize complicated target-specific information.
• Recognize relationship between information in varied forms and from varied sources.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Exceptional Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel.
• Professional integrity and discretion in handling confidential information.
• Highly organized and able to pay close attention to detail.
• Ability to manage multiple projects with tight deadlines at one time.
• Travel required – less now, but approximately 50% after covid subsides.
Within the first 3 months learn Relation’s acquisition process. By 3-6 months be able to lead an acquisition from LOI to close in approximately 60-90 days. This process includes, but is not limited to, leading the gathering of information and communication between the owners of the acquisition company, including their outside advisors (CPA’s, Investment Bankers, Attorneys, etc), and the internal relation team. Additionally, be the project manager with the appropriate Relation’s teams (finance, IT, HR, etc) to integrate the business post acquisition.
Keep track of M&A pipeline and internal M&A reporting. Work directly with Head of M&A on the reporting and communication that will be used to the board and executive team pertaining to M&A activity and success of past acquisitions.
Mentor and develop M&A analyst. Provide leadership for future analysts and facilitate an environment that promotes from within to build a high performing M&A team that can handle 18 deals annually. (currently doing 9-11)
BrainWorks is a premier executive search firm that delivers superior talent to drive business performance. Our consultants are experts in their practice areas, which include: Private Equity & Corporate Finance; Consumer Products; CRM, Direct/Database Marketing and Customer Sciences/Advanced Analytics; Accounting and Finance; Information Technology; Digital Marketing and eCommerce; and, Consumer Insights and Market Research.
The Private Equity & Corporate Finance practice conducts searches for leading private equity firms, portfolio companies, investment banks, and fortune companies across the nation. Some examples of searches include the following: • Pre and Post MBA private equity deal team professionals • Private equity portfolio company C-level through Manager finance and operations • Sell and Buy Side investment banking firms • Fortune company corporate development, strategy and finance
BrainWorks prides itself on quality, speed and GUARANTEED RESULTS, delivered through our unique QUASAR approach. When you partner with BrainWorks, your company will receive intelligence and industry expertise from consultants who are trustworthy, caring and passionate about your business needs. https://brainworksinc.com.