Job ID: EB-9596708041
Category: Private Equity
Location: Charlotte, NC
Location: Asheboro, NC OR Charlotte, NC
Title: Corporate Controller
Our client is a $700mm leading distribution company backed by a leading private equity firm. This position, directly reporting to the CFO, supports C-level management and drives critical decision making for the business related to accounting, tax, audit, working capital management, and strategic growth objectives, including add-on acquisitions and integration execution.
- Accurately prepares, consolidates and distributes financial statements and reports on a monthly basis in a timely fashion.
- Provides status and progress of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data.
- Achieve budget objectives by scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Coordinates external audits and tax filings of company accounts and financial transactions to ensure compliance with applicable GAAP accounting standards and local, state, and federal statutes.
- Participates in the preparation of the annual operating and capital budgets and quarterly forecasts.
- Maximizes return on financial assets by establishing financial policies, procedures, controls, and reporting systems.
- Enhances functionality of accounting processes in the company’s Information Technology ERP system.
- Maintains current knowledge of organizational policies and procedures, federal and state policies and directives, and current GAAP accounting standards.
- Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Integrate acquisitions into the financial reporting of the company implementing company financial and GAAP accounting policies and procedures.
- Apply best practices and standard policies and procedures for all international locations, if applicable.
- Implement cash forecasting for the company including international locations to optimize cash flow.
- Hires, manages, motivates, coaches, and formally evaluates the performance of all direct reports.
- Minimum 5-10 years of accounting management experience preferably in a private equity backed manufacturing and/or distribution organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) Certification.
- Process improvement mindset leveraging information systems and advanced MS Excel skills
- Experience working with multiple legal entities under different legal umbrellas and consolidation reporting
- Ability to teach financial concepts and practices to non-financial oriented individuals and impact financial results
- Ability to effectively be a leader in the company
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to collaborate across departments
- Knowledge of economic and accounting GAAP principles and practices, tax rules, financial markets, banking, and the analysis and reporting of financial data. International experience is a plus.
- Ability to perform duties with a high degree of independent judgment, discretion, and confidentiality.
To apply for this job please visit brainworksinc.com.