Job ID: EB-1742870373 Category: Accounting & Finance Location: Marietta, GA
Director Corporate Accounting
Our Fortune 500, global consumer products leader is looking for a Director of Accounting with experience in multi-divisional reporting.
This position will sit in the Global Controller’s organization and will be responsible to direct the general accounting functions and the preparation of reports and statistics reflecting earnings, profits cash balances, and other financial results for Corporate and Global groups. Leads a diverse team of professional and support administrative staff. Stays abreast of Corporate and regulatory changes.
• Directs the general accounting functions for the Corporate Accounting group. Responsible for the preparation of reports and statistics reflecting earnings, cash flows and other financial results. Formulates and administers approved accounting practices throughout the Company to ensure that financial and operating reports accurately reflect the condition of the Company and provides reliable information necessary to leadership.
• Assist the segments with various accounting transactions to ensure the financial statements are prepared in accordance with US GAAP.
• Responsible for the accurate recording of foreign exchange in a complex Tax and Legal structure company-wide.
• Analyze complex tax and legal restructurings and provide guidance to the Corporate Tax Team including the segments where needed. Oversees the accurate recording of these transactions.
• Assist the Corporate Accounting Team with various SEC tasks, review and analysis.
• Stays abreast of emerging trends and “best practices” in the accounting field and related GAAP, SEC and other regulatory agencies and their impact to the company; recommends policy changes and process improvements to achieve business goals and ensure continued regulatory compliance; participates in key management activities and committees; maintains appropriate communications within area of responsibility, advising company senior management accordingly.
• Works with the accounting and finance senior management teams to plan, design and implement and communicate a full range of Accounting/Finance policies and activities in accordance with the organization’s strategic goals and legal requirements. Serves as a catalyst for the process of change within the organization, ensuring the organization’s culture, mission and objectives are communicated and understood at all levels throughout the organization.
• Provide leadership, direction, coaching and growth opportunities to a diverse team of, professional and administrative support employees, performing those responsibilities in accordance with the Company’s policies and applicable employment laws. This includes but is not limited to: interviewing and hiring; planning, assign or directing work assignments, assessing employee’s performance; providing constructive and timely feedback, identifying development needs and supporting employee development; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or relate discipline. Master’s preferred
• 10+ years of work experience
• CPA required
• Enterprise level or Big 4 experience
• International accounting experience or prior experience with foreign operations
• Manufacturing experience would be great
• Extensive knowledge in Consolidating various entity structures
• Demonstrated experience developing efficient and effective solutions to diverse and complex business problems
• Experience in SEC reporting and Lease Accounting
• Experience working with Mergers & Acquisitions
• Demonstrated project management skills and experience, which includes project leadership in organizing, planning and executing large-scale projects from vision through implementation, across multiple internal and external reporting and organizational lines
• Demonstrated experience in business process re-engineering or process improvement involving broad-based information systems, utilizing tools and techniques to effect business change
• Extensive knowledge of US GAAP, IAS and thorough knowledge of SOX compliance
• Demonstrated strategic thinking and leadership experience with an emphasis on relationship management with all levels within an organization of comparable size and structure.
• Demonstrated experience leading multidiscipline, high-performance work teams/groups and managing resources to meet organizational goals across multiple projects.
BrainWorks is a premier executive search firm that delivers superior talent to drive business performance. Our consultants are experts in their practice areas, which include Accounting & Finance Careers; Consumer Products; CRM, Direct/Database Marketing and Customer Sciences/Advanced Analytics; Accounting and Finance; Technology; Private Equity and Portfolio Companies; Digital Marketing and eCommerce; and, Consumer Insights and Market Research.
Our Accounting & Finance Practice has deep ties across all industry sectors with an emphasis in CPG, Manufacturing, Retail, Pharmaceutical, Real Estate, Technology, Insurance and Financial Services. Having hands-on experience in corporate finance and public accounting, we are experts in representing CFO searches, along with Director Level and above, in any accounting, finance, and procurement departments. Our clients range from Fortune 100 to privately owned emerging corporations and we are highly networked in the Venture Capital and Private Equity space.
BrainWorks prides itself on quality, speed and GUARANTEED RESULTS, delivered through our unique QUASAR approach. When you partner with BrainWorks, your company will receive intelligence and industry expertise from consultants who are trustworthy, caring and passionate about your business needs. https://brainworksinc.com.