Job ID: EB-6104719021
Category: Private Equity
Location: Seattle, WA
Career Track: 3 years
Location: Seattle, WA
Our client is a Midwest based (not Chicago) $1+ billion middle market private equity firm. This role would be located in their Seattle office. The firm makes control equity investments in situations related to management buyouts, recapitalizations of closely-held businesses, and companies that need capital to fund internal growth.
The firm seeks an Associate who will be a core member of the private equity deal team, providing differentiated due diligence analysis and serve in an integral capacity across the transaction lifecycle including, thesis development, investment execution, and portfolio management/engagement. This individual will have a strong investment banking background ideally with generalist industry experience, strong analytical capabilities, and strong leadership skills.
Essential Job Function:
- Partner with the investment team to identify attractive industry trends and investment strategies
- Manage and oversee the entirety of the transaction process as deal quarterback through diligence, terms and completion, supporting the deal sponsor
- Leads comprehensive diligence, including but not limited to financial, market, legal and operational evaluation
- Assist in structuring and negotiating with debt providers
- Cultivate strong relationships with management of acquisition targets
- Support management teams to develop and implement post-acquisition initiatives including, 180-Day Plans, that focus on successfully integrating portfolio companies and driving performance improvement opportunities
- Provide both strategic and tactical counsel to portfolio company leadership teams leveraging operations, strategy, and financial expertise
- Work with investment professionals and other advisors to further develop and execute liquidity/exit plans for portfolio companies
- Provide quantitative and analytical support to monitor private equity investments
- Ability to supervise junior staff
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience within a leading investment banking analyst program and preference would be to have 1-2 years of private equity experience
- Candidates with existing PE experience will be considered for a career track Senior Associate role
- Ideally experience within business services, manufacturing, consumer/retail, and distribution
- Analytical and business process orientation with the ability to identify trends, process improvement opportunities and strategic opportunities
- Strong board and C-level presentation construction and delivery capabilities, including a strong capability to synthesize and construct arguments
To apply for this job please visit brainworksinc.com.