Job ID: EB-2835111218
Category: Private Equity
Location: New York, NY
Timing: October 2020
Tenure: Career track
Location: Remote until office re-opening targeted at Q2 2021
Reports to: Investment Team
Our client is a New York based $1.0 billion middle market private equity firm. The firm makes control equity investments in situations related to management buyouts, recapitalizations of closely-held businesses, and companies that need capital to fund internal growth. The firm invests in the healthcare, business services, manufacturing, logistics, chemicals and materials, and industrials sectors.
The firm seeks an Associate who will be a core member of the private equity deal team, providing differentiated due diligence analysis and serve in an integral capacity across the transaction lifecycle including, thesis development, investment execution, and portfolio management/engagement. This individual will have a strong investment banking background ideally with generalist industry experience, strong analytical capabilities, and strong leadership skills. Responsibilities include preparing financial models, managing due diligence work streams, creating investment presentations for internal and external stakeholders and supporting senior investment team members. Post-closing work will be in conjunction with the firms operating team. The Associate will interface with target senior management teams and outside advisors. This is not a static role. High performers will have the potential for upward promotion. New State commits to supporting the Associate in career development within the firm.
This is an opportunity to join a highly active investment team as the only Associate at this level. (The other Senior Associate is class of 2015.) This position involves evaluating, structuring, and executing new investments as well as work post-closing on value creation, refinancings and exits. There will also be some work in deal sourcing, which the firm views as a differentiating advantage of its strategy. Position requires corporate finance and valuation experience, high
energy, strong attention to detail and an ability to stay organized amongst numerous, fast moving deals, each with complex workstreams.
Essential Job Function:
• Partner with the investment team to identify attractive industry trends and investment strategies
• Manage and oversee the entirety of the transaction process as deal quarterback through diligence, terms and completion, supporting the deal sponsor
• Leads comprehensive diligence, including but not limited to financial, market, legal and operational evaluation
• Assist in structuring and negotiating with debt providers
• Cultivate strong relationships with management of acquisition targets
• Support management teams to develop and implement post-acquisition initiatives including, 180-Day Plans, that focus on successfully integrating portfolio companies and driving performance improvement opportunities
• Provide both strategic and tactical counsel to portfolio company leadership teams leveraging operations, strategy, and financial expertise
• Work with investment professionals and other advisors to further develop and execute liquidity/exit plans for portfolio companies
• Provide quantitative and analytical support to monitor private equity investments
• Ability to supervise junior staff
• Minimum 2-3 years of experience within a leading investment banking analyst program. Other corporate finance experience also considered management consulting, restructuring, etc…
• Ideally experience within business services, manufacturing, consumer/retail, distribution, and healthcare
• Analytical and business process orientation with the ability to identify trends, process improvement opportunities and strategic opportunities
• Strong board and C-level presentation construction and delivery capabilities, including a strong capability to synthesize and construct arguments
To apply for this job please visit brainworksinc.com.